Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unwanted padding wen using fixed menu

Question

Posted · Report post

Here is the real case: http://bitmap.sciamanna.eu

I've enabled a fixed top menu to the site, but I see an extra 50px top padding added by /wp-content/themes/pagelines/pagelines-compiled-css-1_1348751764/

To be more precise:

body.navbar_fixed .page-canvas {

• padding-top: 50px;

}

I know I could disable it from custom CSS, but I believe that this must be disabled by pagelines itself when fixed menu is enabled.

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Not sure what you mean, the padding-top:50px doesn't appear unless the Fixed Navigaton is enabled.

Posted · Report post

Try changing the padding-top value to 0px and adding the CSS to Custom Code > Custom CSS. It should look like this:

body .page-canvas .navbar_fixed {padding-top: 50px}[/CODE]

Posted · Report post

@catrina, something's wrong with the code formatting in this forum: it mades your code almost unreadable.

However, as I've written, I already know how to solve the issue editing the CSS (in fact I did it already).

What I wanted to point out is that this should be done by PageLines itself.

Thank you by the way.

Posted · Report post

I will point it out to developers.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

It would be even better if there were an interface to control this within the settings tab for the navbar itself

Posted · Report post

The Padding is included on purpose, to give sections that are added below the Fixed Navbar enough room. Removing this padding, may cause some sections in your header template to be very close the Fixed Nav and therefore, look very odd.

Posted · Report post

@Danny, I understand that, but in the other hand the default behavior causes extra unwanted padding too.