6 replies to this topic

#1 danielfinn

danielfinn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:39 AM

Hello,

I am using the responsive NavBar. At present, if I am visiting a child menu item, that specific item in the NavBar remains high lighted blue. Therefore when I go to select another child menu item there is one static blue highlighther on the current page and my dynamic one which I am moving around to select a new page. Could someone help me with the CSS to remove this static blue highlighter to show the currently viewed childpage? I would like the background of this new highlighter to be transparent.

Dan

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13192 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:55 AM

Hi Dan,

Do you mean something like this ?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 danielfinn

danielfinn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:37 PM

Yes I do. I would like to be able to be viewing a childpage, but not have it stuck on highlight in the dropdown menu. Like you have in the screenshot - on the SERVICE childpage but not having the childpage stuck on highlight in the drop down menu.

Sorry if I have not expliained myself properly - I am not sure what this action is called. I would like to know the CSS to do this.

#4 danielfinn

danielfinn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

I have a URL to a screenshot of what I see when I am on the services childpage. I would like it to look like your screenshot.

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:43 PM

Daniel, try this in Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code > CSS Rules

#6 fordtheword

fordtheword

• Members

• 16 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:35 AM

I've just tested this on navbar and it works nicely and I can change the colour on the gradient. What's odd is that I only have it working on Firefox, Chrome doesn't change the standard blue highlight hover background colour. Any idea how come?

Thanks

#7 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13192 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:42 AM

The code above for the gradient is for mozilla browsers, if you wish to have the gradient appear on all browsers you will need to use the CSS that is compatible with that browser.

I recommend you view this site to generate your gradient code for all browsers -