Photo
- - - - -
Resolved

Featured Image of Post Loses Resolution

Featured Image

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 siftingpoint

siftingpoint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:38 PM

When the featured Image for my post is inserted into the features slider it changes the image resolution to a poorer quality. How can I change that? Is it the aspect ratio setting?

I am using 2.3. at www.siftingpoint.com on the homepage.

Thanks!

Geoff

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:53 AM

Yes, it's the aspect ratio.

The image is being stretched to fill the space, causing pixellation of the image. This is where the image is pulled across or up and the colors get distorted.

Set the proper aspect ratio based on your images or, upload a featured image that matches the slider size.

#3 siftingpoint

siftingpoint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:36 AM

Thanks. Do you have a source or info on setting aspect ratios based on image size?

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17632 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

HI,

You could do this, which will give you far more control over your Posts Feature slider images etc..
  • Go to Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options
  • The go to Advanced and check the option for "Feature Section - Enable "Post-As-Feature" Control Metapanel"
  • Once enabled, this will add a new set of options on your posts.
  • Go to your posts and then scroll down past the PageLines Meta Settings, you will see these new options. It will give you more control over your posts when being added to your feature slider and allow you to add a custom image that will only appear in the slider and have no effect on your post.

#5 siftingpoint

siftingpoint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

Thanks for the help. I already had that activated and have tried both static height and fixed height with the adjustment of aspect mode-ratio. Nothing seems to help stop the stretching of the picture and the resulting poor resolution of the picture.

Do you have any other ideas?

PS: Is there any way to adjust the width of the title section of the feature screen? Some of my longer post titles are cut off.

Thanks again,

Geoff

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:28 AM

Hi Geoff

The best options would be to use Danny suggestion of uploading a higher resolution image into the feature slider using the meta settings, and keeping the original lower resolution image for inserting into the post.

You can control the width of the content overlay in the feature slider by inserting the following css into Pagelines>Site Options>Custom Code. Change the % to whatever you feel looks best

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#7 siftingpoint

siftingpoint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

Got it. Awesome. Thanks James! You guys are great!!!!!

#8 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:02 AM

The topic was marked as resolved.