4 replies to this topic

#1 seoguy

seoguy

• Members

• 3 posts
  • LocationCape Town
  • Framework Version:the latest

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:55 PM

Good day all you wonderfully, clever people.

I wonder if someone would be able to help me with this one.

I need to use iBlogPro4 for a client (although I have the Framework and pretty much every other Pagelines product)
I also need to create 3 different pages that only display the 3 main blog category posts. This is of course easily done with the Framework but not with iBlogPro4 on it's own.
Another reason why I need this in a page is so I can add banners and sections etc to the page that display the cats, which isn't doable, as far I know, for the normal blog categories.

My question is thus:
1) can I somehow run the iBlogPro4 theme on the Framework (as I can't change to iBlogPro5 - our agency is using that theme)
2) is there a way that I could display the category posts on a page in iBlogPro4?
or is there any other suggestions?

You don't know how much I appreciate any assistance, so thank you in advance.

PS: I've looked at all the free WordPress plugins that claim to display cat posts i pages by thy complete strip the css and looks very basic. I need to have it displayed and looked like with iBlogPro4
--- I'm willing to pay for a solution.

Thank you kindly,

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:39 PM

• can I somehow run the iBlogPro4 theme on the Framework (as I can't change to iBlogPro5 - our agency is using that theme)
    No, iBlogPro4 cannot run on Framework. It's a legacy theme that can only run on its own.
  • is there a way that I could display the category posts on a page in iBlogPro4? or is there any other suggestions?
    WordPress automatically generates category pages for posts that belong to a specific category, but I can't think of a way for category posts to be added to a page unless you use some kind of shortcode that displays these posts. If you're looking into this level of customization, it is best to contact a Pro: http://pagelines.com/pros

#3 seoguy

seoguy

• Members

• 3 posts
  • LocationCape Town
  • Framework Version:the latest

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:45 PM

Thanks for that Catrina,
Will be making contact with one of the pro's.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:40 PM

Okay great!

#5 mackenzie

mackenzie

Advocate

• Members