Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resolved iBlogPro4 on Framework

Question

Posted · Report post

Good day all you wonderfully, clever people.

I wonder if someone would be able to help me with this one.

I need to use iBlogPro4 for a client (although I have the Framework and pretty much every other Pagelines product)

I also need to create 3 different pages that only display the 3 main blog category posts. This is of course easily done with the Framework but not with iBlogPro4 on it's own.

Another reason why I need this in a page is so I can add banners and sections etc to the page that display the cats, which isn't doable, as far I know, for the normal blog categories.

My question is thus:

1) can I somehow run the iBlogPro4 theme on the Framework (as I can't change to iBlogPro5 - our agency is using that theme)

2) is there a way that I could display the category posts on a page in iBlogPro4?

or is there any other suggestions?

You don't know how much I appreciate any assistance, so thank you in advance.

PS: I've looked at all the free WordPress plugins that claim to display cat posts i pages by thy complete strip the css and looks very basic. I need to have it displayed and looked like with iBlogPro4

--- I'm willing to pay for a solution.

Thank you kindly,

4 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

1. can I somehow run the iBlogPro4 theme on the Framework (as I can't change to iBlogPro5 - our agency is using that theme)
    No, iBlogPro4 cannot run on Framework. It's a legacy theme that can only run on its own.
  2. is there a way that I could display the category posts on a page in iBlogPro4? or is there any other suggestions?
    WordPress automatically generates category pages for posts that belong to a specific category, but I can't think of a way for category posts to be added to a page unless you use some kind of shortcode that displays these posts. If you're looking into this level of customization, it is best to contact a Pro: http://pagelines.com/pros

Posted · Report post

Thanks for that Catrina,

Will be making contact with one of the pro's.

Posted · Report post

Okay great!

Posted · Report post

The topic was marked as resolved.