Photo
Resolved

Slight bbPress Forum Display Problem

pagelines bbpress forum display issue

Best Answer imc042 , 27 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

Wow, I do have a lot of CSS errors. They seem to be coming from different plugins as opposed to custom code though. I only have a couple of lines of custom CSS.

When I go to Settings > Forums and change the theme from the bbpress default theme to the bbpress twenty twelve theme it fixes the problem so it must be an issue with the CSS in the default theme.

Thanks for the suggestions. Go to the full post

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 imc042

imc042

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:06 PM

I just created the first topic in my new forum here: http://residentevils...re6-discussion/

There is a weird issue with the voices/posts/freshness columns. They look all bunched together even though they have plenty of room. Anyone else experience this issue too ?

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:25 AM

Try going to Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Website Setup. Scroll down and check the box that says "Hide Sidebars When Empty".

That might do it. It's possible there's an empty div hidden in there for a sidebar we can't see.

#3 imc042

imc042

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:18 AM

Thanks... No luck there, that box was already ticked.

#4 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

You have a lot of CSS errors in your custom code. Validate your CSS then correct the issues.

Also, you have a javascript error on the page that looks to be related to Sharebar. Please disable ALL plugins (minus bbpress/buddypress and pagelines sections) to see if your issue is resolved.

#5 imc042

imc042

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:37 PM   Best Answer

Wow, I do have a lot of CSS errors. They seem to be coming from different plugins as opposed to custom code though. I only have a couple of lines of custom CSS.

When I go to Settings > Forums and change the theme from the bbpress default theme to the bbpress twenty twelve theme it fixes the problem so it must be an issue with the CSS in the default theme.

Thanks for the suggestions.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

You're welcome! Let us know if you need more help. I will mark this resolved but it can always be reopened.

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

The topic was marked as resolved.

#8 tonyzeoli

tonyzeoli

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

I learned that for me, it was because I hadn't added the BB Press Loop widgets to the Content Area in the Drag and Drop section. Once I did that, it fixed the forums correctly.