Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Supersize option for background image not working properly.

Question

Posted · Report post

You all need to look at the supersize option and script. The large image is now just hiding behind the main content area when I set it to supersize.

When I uncheck supersize, it goes to the regular size which is way larger than what I want.

Here's the site with the supersize option on: http://battle.brightideasgroup.com

And, yes, I have the site set to fixed width mode.

Thanks!

13 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I figured it out, but would love somebody to explain this to me.  

When I put CSS in my style.css using Pagelines Customize plugin it doesn't work. 

When I put the SAME code in the Pagelines Admin Custom Code section it DOES work.  Weird.

Here's the code I used to reveal the supersized bg image:

#page .page-canvas {
  	background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);
}

Posted · Report post

That's because I turned the supersize off before the client saw the site and said, "WTF?" (They really wanted the tree background.) I downloaded the files this evening to move the site to a new server tomorrow and I wanted to get it in working condition before the move.

That background you see is 2400x2400 and not properly sized for the screen. The left side of the photo is a large tree trunk and it's usually a little more obivious that there's an entire forest there.

The background is cropped halfway through the tree trunk from the photo on this page: http://battle.brightideasgroup.com/history/green-statement/

Unless it's a conflict with the store locator plug-in, the supersize doesn't seem to be working properly. I'll play around with it after the move to see if it corrects itself.

Posted · Report post

Can't you temporarily deactivate the plugin to test?

Posted · Report post

I turned off the option for the plugin to load the javascript on every page. Still didn't fix the problem. Having another problem... gonna post that, too.

Posted · Report post

I'm having the same exact problem on a brand new install (local development system) with only PageLines and Simplicate installed.

When I check supersize the image is behind the content.  I can make the content transparent, but I shouldn't have to do that to get this to work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Paul

Posted · Report post

Please ignore my previous message.

In case anyone was wondering, the Pagelines Customize plugin works MUCH better if you actually ACTIVATE it.  Doh!

Posted · Report post

Thanks for informing us that the issue has been resolved.

Posted · Report post

There is a javascript error on the page, could be stopping the supersize as that likes to run last.

main.js something to do with maps?

Posted · Report post

I have the Store Locator plugin on this page that uses maps:

http://battle.brightideasgroup.com/locate-a-dealer/

Please don't tell me it's that because I have 150 locations to input for that plugin and it's the only one that could do what I needed it to do. I just updated it when I updated the theme a few minutes ago.

Posted · Report post

I cant see any background image anywhere.

Posted · Report post

Yep, because it's behind the main content. I see the small sliver of it above the main content. Like I said, supersize shrunk it so you can't see it.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I've just had a look at the site and the supersize isn't on at the moment. I've played about with the css to see if anything can help with the supersize off. Try the below, its not perfect but its sizing the picture better. Result comes out like this http://screencast.com/t/A5PH8BSXrN

.full_width #page .page-canvas, body.fixed_width {

background-size: cover;

}

Posted · Report post

Hi, I'm seeing a rather nice blue background stretched perfectly. Is this browser related or working everywhere?