Photo
- - - - -

All comments showing on all pages!

comments bug

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 attac

attac

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:04 PM

All comments ever made on my site show up below every Page (not posts). I removed Comments from the standard template content section via Drag-and-drop, which fixed it. But it's not supposed to be like that, is it?

Any idea what's causing this?

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:19 PM

Hello,

Comments left on posts shouldn't appear on pages. The comments needed to be disabled in the standard template content section for a page template in order to not appear.

#3 attac

attac

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

catrina: sorry, could you clarify what you mean, it doesn't make any sense to me.

Comments left on posts shouldn't appear on pages.

Yeah, the issue is that they do.

The comments needed to be disabled in the standard template content section for a page template in order to not appear.

Disabling comments on the standard template content section means that you can't show comments on Pages or?
That's not an issue with standard wordpress, so it seems like a bug with Pagelines to me.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:19 PM

I meant that comments that are made by visitors in posts shouldn't appear on pages, but I see what you mean now. Comments can be added to pages, but you'd need to remove them from the template in Drag & Drop in order for them to go away on pages.