• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 debbiewood74

debbiewood74

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:02 AM

I've just upgraded my site to 2.3 - and the style that I had set for my feature slider on the homepage has changed from black text no background to the white version - which is not what I want. Please help. I saw that someone else has had this same problem and haven't seen a solution posted for this. Can someone help before I downgrade back to the previous version of Pagelines please? I'm a designer - can't have my site looking silly! Thanks.

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4983 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:02 AM

Hi Debbie,

I'm not sure whats happened there, but if you go into your wp dash>features you'll see the four slides. If you go into edit each slide you should see in the 'meta settings' underneath the options available for the text/background. If you set each one back to black with no bg, then this should reset your site back to the way it was.

#3 debbiewood74

debbiewood74

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:59 AM

I've tried this several times over the last three days hoping it would reset it - to no avail! Anyone else having this same problem? Do i need to override the code?

#4 debbiewood74

debbiewood74

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:01 AM

Yep, just tried again and still no luck...

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13192 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

Hi Debbie,

So are you saying that you're going to your Features and changing the style to the style you had before the update and it is not working ?

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:50 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

please open a topic for direct response. Adding on to someone else's topic is considered hijacking. I have hidden your post. We will be happy to respond directly to your own topic.

#7 debbiewood74

debbiewood74

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:30 AM

Yes Danny, i've gone in and changed it to something else and changed back, and the style that i've designed my slides around, which is black with no background is the only one that just doesn't work. I don't get it.

#8 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 1768 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:04 AM

Hi

You can try add in
PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code > CSS Rules

It is advisable to learn how to do this on your own too.
Check out

#9 Analog Drawings

Analog Drawings

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:18 AM

Hello, I am having this same problem, has anyone come up with a solution to this? If so be good to know. Thanks.

#10 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13192 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

Can you try disabling all non-PageLines plugins and see if this resolves your issue please.

#11 debbiewood74

debbiewood74

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:34 AM

I've spent time today redesigning my site to deal with the problem because none of these suggestions have worked. I have spent time learning how to customize CSS when i've wanted something outside of what pagelines would give as standard - but in this case I shouldn't have to! One of the standard styles that I designed my original site around stopped working - that simple...

Anyway - I look forward to seeing if this does get resolved - but cannot have my site looking silly in the meantime as potential clients would think I was a dingus. Thanks for trying people.

#12 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13192 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:00 AM

Can you provide the code you used for your custom style which stopped working please.

#13 debbiewood74

debbiewood74

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:28 PM

There was no code - it wasn't a custom style. My site has a feature slider on the front page. It had a faded to off-white background on the right and i had the text set to black text no background no overlay... but when i upgraded the pagelines theme to 2.3 it all of a sudden went to white text with a drop shadow on it - which looked ridiculous with the design of the slides. I've used code to change other things like quick sliders etc. I shouldn't need to use custom CSS when there is a style that had already been set in page lines - but that style stopped working.

#14 Analog Drawings

Analog Drawings

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:00 PM

I have tried disabling plugins as well but that does not change anything, so I popped this code into my styles.css:

Which seems to have done the trick...

#15 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4983 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:42 AM

Hi all, are you all using the latest version of the framework. 2.3.1? A minor update went out last week correcting some of the minor bugs in the initial 2.3 release.

#16 reidwalley

reidwalley

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSaramento, CA
  • Framework Version:2.3.3

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

I'm having the same problem with the Feature Design Style. I'm using PageLines Framework v2.3.3.

I have Feature Design Style set to: "Black Text - No Feature Background - No Overlay"

But it displays as: white text with a black drop shadow.

This is a built-in PageLines Framework feature. What's the fix?

Attached Files

#17 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

@reidwalley Please deactivate all active plugins and see if the problem persists.

#18 reidwalley

reidwalley

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSaramento, CA
  • Framework Version:2.3.3

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

Thanks, Catrina. Yep, deactivated all plugins: problem persists.

#19 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:53 AM

Folks, a note on proper netiquette.

Even if you have a similar topic, opening a new post in someone else's topic is inappropriate behavior. We are supposed to hide your topics and you're supposed to open a new topic of your own.

Please cooperate and do not seek assistance on someone else's issue. It's very confusing to our team and rude to the person posting.

Thanks.

#20 debbiewood74

debbiewood74

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:00 AM

Is this problem resolved? Because it wasn't resolved for me... and I really can't understand why if someone has the same problem as me, they can't post on the same subject thread? I did the same thing and was shut down earlier - I thought that's what forums were for... hmmm. Anyway - what was the solution? I changed my site www.debbiewood.com.au so that I didn't have to worry about it, but I prefer the way it looked before, when black text was black text, and would change it back if someone could resolve the problem.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Feature slider