Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resolved 4 columns in Magazine Layout Mode

Question

10 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Depending upon the width of the Content Area in your Layout Editor, yes, three columns of Boxes with posts in them could work. Special Recent Posts can definitely fit with a title, thumbnail, and excerpt in that space.

However, modifying the loop to make three magazine format columns would require considerable programming, not only in PageLines, but also in WordPress. Without a Pro developer to do the coding, the first update of either and your efforts would likely be wiped out.

The safer model is the one suggested. I also heartily recommend the WP Boxer plugin.

Posted · Report post

Four columns is problematic. The width of the content area is usually too narrow to allow for the space needed by four columns

You can, of course, add boxes to the content area and setting 4 columns If the content area isn't wide enough, those columns will be very narrow.

You cannot modify WordPress to include 4 columns from the loop.

It is possible to use Special Recent Posts plugin to include category based posts into individual boxes.

Posted · Report post

The topic was marked as resolved.

Posted · Report post

I'm searching in the forum for how to import posts to boxes.

Posted · Report post

I did some boxes linking to posts here in 3 rows. This serves the purpose, but is there a way to import the posts to a box or is manual the only way. thank you.

Posted · Report post

Got it. Documentation doesnt explain how to grab sequential posts. In other words if I clone a box that is 3 wide I end up with to identical sets of 3.

Posted · Report post

Hi there, you'll need to contact the plugin author for clarification as its a premium plugin, unfortunately we don't get copies to advise you. You can contact him here http://www.pagelines.com/store/sections/anything-boxes/ contact button half way down on the right

Posted · Report post

Figured it out - all I needed was 3 rows max of xx boxes and there was no duplicate content. I wasn't supposed to clone at all.

Posted · Report post

How about three?