12 replies to this topic

#1 Mictlan

Mictlan

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNY
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

I just upgrade my framework to 2.3, my features tab is gone. Any ideas? is under another tab?

Attached Files

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

It should be there. Have you tried deactivating all of your active plugins?

#3 Mictlan

Mictlan

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

Yes I did that, deactivate and activate plug in and theme and still is not there. How I can debug?

#4 markwphoto

markwphoto

Advanced Member

• Members

• 40 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:07 AM

I've noticed this as well. I had to deactive the readers, pricing columns, reader and/or profiles sections for features to re-appear. It seems as if there is limit on the amount to tabs that can be shown or perhaps a bug??
  • Mictlan likes this

#5 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:26 AM

Hi there, I know you've already deactivated everything but could you just disable 'contact form 7' and let me know what happens. Mark above had the same issue and this seemed to bring the features tab back. Let us know as we'll have to look into this further.

#6 Mictlan

Mictlan

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:36 PM

I've noticed this as well. I had to deactive the readers, pricing columns, reader and/or profiles sections for features to re-appear. It seems as if there is limit on the amount to tabs that can be shown or perhaps a bug??

Yes you are 100% rigth. I deactivate only pricing and features is back. So there is only space for a number of tabs.

#7 Mictlan

Mictlan

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

Nope, 'contact form 7' has nothing to do with the isue of features tab disapering. I even upgrade de form before I tried the princing. nothing happend. markwphoto has the right answer.

#8 markwphoto

markwphoto

Advanced Member

• Members

• 40 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

Yes you are 100% rigth. I deactivate only pricing and features is back. So there is only space for a number of tabs.

Are you also using Contact Form 7?? I noticed when I disable that plugin, everything works as it should. I installed a new contact form plugin and it works just fine.

#9 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.0

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

Yes we have seen this issue before, it is plugins insisting on using add_object_page() for their menus.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I blogged about it here when gravity forms were using it, they have since fixed the bug.

Problem is most plugin authors copy and paste code form other plugins so al lot of authors are still using the bugged function.

#10 markwphoto

markwphoto

Advanced Member

• Members

• 40 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:21 PM

Yes we have seen this issue before, it is plugins insisting on using add_object_page() for their menus.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I blogged about it here when gravity forms were using it, they have since fixed the bug.

Problem is most plugin authors copy and paste code form other plugins so al lot of authors are still using the bugged function.

Thanks Simon for pointing me in the right direction. I modified the admin.php file from Contact Form 7 and replaced "add_object_page" with "add_menu_page" and now the Features Tab shows up fine and the "Contact" has been moved down below the Settings tab. Everything is showing up now.

#11 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

Ahh good, is it the latest version? Maybe contact the author with a patch?

#12 markwphoto

markwphoto

Advanced Member

• Members

• 40 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:24 PM

I just got an update to Contact Form 7 last night to the latest version and the problem still existed. I will certainly pass this on the the developer/author!

#13 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:25 PM

The topic was marked as resolved.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved, framework 2.3, feature, missing tab