• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 touk

touk

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:55 PM

Hi
I need to make blog multilanguage. Is there any way to translate strings which are editable in admin, eg "

Continue Reading Link Text"

or footer text. I'm using qtranslate and his quicktags are not working with pagelines.

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:11 PM

You must use Poedit to make those translations:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 touk

touk

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:06 AM

yes, it works. it's

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

, but it works only when field in admin is empty and displays "[Continue Reading...]" for english. i want customization from admin panel. i've asked if there is something like qtranslate quicktags option where you can write two (or more) strings in one. something like "[:en]Some custom continue reading text...[:pl]Sth in polish...". qtranslate works on entire wordpres, but not in pagelines strings. so i have pagelines with posibility to customize texts in admin but its totally useless because of lack of multilanguage support. is there any other plugin similar to qtranslate that works with pagelines custom texts? changeing this texts by replacing translate files is not what i want.

#4 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.0

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:34 PM

You might have better luck with WPML.

All strings frontend and backend are compatible with the standard WordPress translation methods.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: translate, qtranslate, quicktags, editable strings