3 replies to this topic

#1 wockatz

wockatz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:53 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to stretch the vertical side of buddypress sidebars as the same size of content vertical size. FYI, I'm on the latest release of Pagelines now.

I tried height:100% in all of the devs related to primary and secondary sidebars but it seems like they don't want to move. I see in the Google results that Vertical Stretching is a chanllenge and people suggesting to put a background image and repeat it vertically which didn't work for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15788 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:54 AM

Hi,

Can you provide a screenshot of how you would like this to look and also a link to your site please.

#3 wockatz

wockatz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:15 AM

Hi here are two zoomed back version of the buddypress activity page. I edited the second one in paint.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

375.45KB   19 downloads

379.21KB   21 downloads

Sorry the website is not public and it's only accessible through the local network.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:16 AM

By any chance did you use a negative margin value in any of the CSS for the stretched areas?

Apparently the LESS CSS model seems to do some odd things with this and rather than moving the elements up, it tends to stretch the element, as if you added padding-top. That could be what's happening.

Without seeing the site live, we can't inspect the CSS, making this rather difficult to diagnose or provide solutions.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: buddypress sidebar css, vertical