Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resolved Where is Pinterest icon in branding section?

Question

Posted · Report post

Am I doing something wrong or why this this icon is missing header and footer -> social icons section?

11 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I am trying to do this now, but whenever I add that code to my child theme functions file it seems to break. Where in the file should I paste? And can I copy and paste the literal code, just subbing in my image url?

Posted · Report post

Hi, For some reason the forums is not formatting the code correctly. Therefore, I have updated my post and replaced the code with a link to our pastie service where the code is correctly formatted and so will not break your theme. I apologise I didn't notice this sooner.

Posted · Report post

The topic was marked as resolved.

Posted · Report post

ctlighting, It is considered bad netiquette to 'hijack' another person's topic with your own questions. Please open a topic of your own. Your entry has been hidden in this one.

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny,

Where would I add that?

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Add the code above to your child theme's functions.php file, or if you're not using a child theme, install the PageLines Customisation plugin and add the code to the plugins functions.php file instead.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Hi,

There is no Pinterest social icon for the Branding section. However, you're free to add your own using the code below but you will need to find your own Pinterest Icon and add your URL.

http://paste.pagelines.com/4xp

Posted · Report post

So this process isn't as clear as it should be, basically blew up the site. Need an easier way to put a pininterest box up top, that doesn't break my site if I make a mistake please..

Posted · Report post

Hi,

The answer is you can add your own code by hook, use a plugin or add social media as found here:  http://demo.pagelines.me/tools/

Pinterest is not like other social media, in that it seeks to pick up a post thumbnail and excerpt. For most pages, there is none, thus it doesn't normally apply to those pages like a homepage, category page, blog, etc. You'd have to enable it via customization.

If you have further questions, please open a new topic.

Posted · Report post

great, thank you