Photo
- - - - -

How to remove index.php in the permalinks ?

apache permalink urlrewriting

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 pracede

pracede

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:39 AM

I use Pagelines developper edition. Wordpress is installed on the root directory of my server. I configure my permalink like http://mpmea-congo.com/index.php/sample-post/ (see attached file) this but all my link are formed like the following http://mpmea-congo.com/index.php/demarches-administratives/ having index.php in the permalink. I'd like to knnow how to remove it ?
Thanks

Attached Files

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:28 PM

This is a server config issue.
What server software is it?

#3 pracede

pracede

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:13 PM

I don't know really. I don't have admin tool to monitor server. I just hava a ftp connexion link to upload my file. I ask to my hoster.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:04 PM

What happens when you go to Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks and changing /index.php/%postname%/ to /%postname%/ and then saving?

#5 pracede

pracede

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:54 PM

@

Advocate

When i change the /index.php/%postname%/ to /%postname%/ , the web site send a 404 error.
@Simon Prosser The server is IIS the windows one not apache. But i don't have configuration tools to it

#6 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:55 PM

Then you need to talk to your host.

#7 pracede

pracede

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:06 AM

You think my problem is about web server configuration ? What i have to tell him: just my permalink are not good ? Or something else ?
Thanks

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16952 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:16 AM

Hi,

When you remove /index.php from your permalink structure, all your posts/pages will have index.php removed also. This will mean that if you navigate to any of your posts/pages and the link contains index.php/ then its obviously going to lead to a 404 error, as there is no such post or page.

Try this please.
  • Remove index.php/ from your permalinks, so you simply have /%postname%/, save your settings.
  • Then go to Wordpress admin dashboard > Posts or Pages and then click on the view Post/Page link and see if this leads to a 404 error. If it does, then its most certainly a server configuration error.
If you do indeed continue to receive this error, then please contact your web host provider, as this is not related to PageLines.

#9 pracede

pracede

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:24 AM

@Danny I just make your test and always have 404 error from pages or posts display. I contact my host provider.

#10 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16952 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:40 AM

OK, thanks for trying and yes contacting your host provider is the best option, as this is an issue only they can resolve.