Photo

Newbie: Feature Page #More button

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 gayledownunder

gayledownunder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:41 PM

Hi I feel terribly stupid asking this question! But there is a thing I can't get my head around as a sort of newbie. On the feature page there is a link that says "more". In the setup/admin area for that it says # put in full URL. I can't quite get my head around that. I want the link to go to the second feature page, but I don't know what the URL is for that. Is it #feature2 (?). I tried putting #feature2 that didn't work. I tried putting #http://ps etc.com/feature2 but obviously that's not right either. It seems like it should be really really easy so clearly I'm over thinking (but not on the right track). Can you point me in the right direction? Gayle

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:28 PM

Not exactly a 'newbie' question. The feature page uses the 'cycle' Jquery plugin (Javascipt) and uses some magic to make these things work right. I've been looking around, and although it should be easy.. it doesn't look like their API lets you do 'URL' navigation. Here is the page for the plugin: http://malsup.com/jq...cycle/int2.html Please let me know if you see something similar to what you want there...

#3 jvalladares

jvalladares

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:51 AM

Also a noob, and wondering the same thing. I'll look around for some answers and contribute anything I find. Jorge

#4 freshair3

freshair3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:22 AM

You just answered my question about why my "more" button won't show up when I use my computer at my workplace (super secure). They don't like Java for some reason. Thanks!

#5 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 05:53 PM

oh yea, if there are javascript issues the feature page won't work right either. This can be caused by plugins as well

#6 camscorner

camscorner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 04:03 PM

Thank you! I have exactly the same problem. Anyone find a solution yet?

#7 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 09:41 PM

What's the problem? Do you want the 'more' links to link to other features on the feature page?

#8 camscorner

camscorner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 01:43 PM

Yes, I want the "more" link to link to other features - or - have the option to rename or remove the word 'more'. One thought is to have it link to the bottom pane content where I describe in more detail the service shown in the top pane. The numbers 1, 2, 3 navigate to the next top pane.

#9 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 02:13 AM

The word more will go away if you leave the 'feature link' option blank in the admin.

Getting things to link to other features (besides that nav) is hard because of the JS we're using.

One thought is to have it link to the bottom pane content where I describe in more detail the service shown in the top pane. The numbers 1, 2, 3 navigate to the next top pane.

I would need more clarification to help you with this.

#10 camscorner

camscorner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 03:37 PM

Okay, let me play with it. I had not published the page so perhaps that's why the "More" is not working. Now when I preview the page after a draft change and click on "More", nothing happens. Just to make sure I understand, the "More" is supposed to basically have the same action as clicking on the numbers 2,3 & navigate to the next page, correct?

#11 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 09:43 PM

No, the 'more' is simply a link to wherever on your site you'd like the feature to direct users. Its the URL you enter in the feature setup...

#12 camscorner

camscorner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:06 AM

Thanks...I had figured that out after I sent this...just consider this my "doi" for the day. (I have at least one a day) :-)