Photo
- - - - -
Resolved

Featured image size, frame and placing

featured image frame size post title full size image category pages image size image url

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ylvaholn

ylvaholn

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:01 PM

Hi,
I am a wordpress beginner working on a web site on ulfholgersson.se. If possible, I would like to change how the featured image and post text/title are displayed on category pages.

Specifically I would like to (on category pages):
- change the featured image size to "full size", in this case about 600 px width (may vary between pictures)
- remove the frame around the featured image
- change the featured image link to the image url (rather than post url)
- display the post title on the left side of the featured image
- display the post text on the left side of the featured mage (under the title)

Like this:
Posted Image

If anyone has any ideas how to achieve this I would be very thankful!

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

Going through this one by one:

Specifically I would like to (on category pages):
Whether this is possible on a category basis is yet to be seen. It would require so much work that you'd need a professional site developer.
- change the featured image size to "full size", in this case about 600 px width (may vary between pictures)
Go to Dashboard > Settings > Media and set the thumbnail/featured image size to 600px. Even if your images are larger, they would be cropped to that width. You may need to update existing images which may currently be resized by WP to 150px square (default at present).
- remove the frame around the featured image
This is done with CSS. Install

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and use it with Firefox to locate the border CSS and remove the padding and set the border to 0.
- change the featured image link to the image url (rather than post url)
This also should require the aid of a site programmer as it requires changes to the WordPress code OR, a specialized hook in functions.php.
- display the post title on the left side of the featured image
This is a mixed message. You can't have both a full-width image AND the post info on the side. I see your demo image, and that's achievable also with a hook but not together with a full-width post feature image.
- display the post text on the left side of the featured mage (under the title)
The post excerpt is designed to follow the post meta information. Via Dashboard > Settings > Reading you can select to use the full text rather than summary, which would place the full article there.

If you need a pro developer, I'd suggest

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 ylvaholn

ylvaholn

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:00 AM

Ok, thanks for your help! I'll try to figure out an alternative way or contact a pro! :)

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15907 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:26 AM

The topic was marked as resolved.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved, featured image, frame, size, post title, full size image, category pages, image size, image url