Photo
- - - - -

Navigation bar click instead of hover

http://thinkwithyourheart.com

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 theoptimystic

theoptimystic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

Hi there,

I want my primary navigation bar (the tabs on the top of my site) to show the dropdown menus when I click on it, NOT when I hover over it. How can I change this?

THanks,
Lu

#2 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2162 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

Hi theoptimystic
I read at forum...
"Unfortunately, the NavBar not supporting the dropdown menus when "click". The Navbar section is based on Twitters Bootstraps navigation and they have designed their navigation this way.
If you wish to have this type of functionality, you can either contact one of our Pros or use the Nav Classic menu section instead."

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:36 PM

The issue stems from Twitter Bootstrap in the NavBar which requires click to drop down the menu. You can go to Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop > Header and replace NavBar with Nav Classic (found in Available Sections).

I know the Nav Classic doesn't have the same look and feel of NavBar, but this can be achieved with styling.

#4 theoptimystic

theoptimystic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

Thanks...it looks like I am already using Nav Classic, so how would I enable it to click and drop? Because it is still hovering.

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:39 PM

Okay. Sorry for my confusion. You're asking just the opposite of what everyone else asks lately. :)

Go to Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop and click the box that says "Header".

You'll see under "Active Sections" a button for Nav Classic. Move it to the right. Now, drag NavBar from the right under "Available Sections" to the left so it's now under "Active Sections".

However, NavBar's parent links don't link, so you'll need to add a new parent menu item for each, moving the current one down. NavBar also does not allow grandchild menu items.

So you'll need to have the parent with no link and the child menu items only.

Use Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > NavBar to select colors, etc.