Photo
- - - - -
Resolved

On Hover Open for drop down items in Fixed Nav and Nav Bar?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 wendygordon

wendygordon

• Members

• 156 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:06 PM

Wondering if there is any way to change the mouseover action on the Fixed Nav and/or NavBar to open the drop down items immediately without clicking, as it does on the Nav Classic
thanks.
Wendy

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

This functionality is a default. It's being controlled by code generated by Bootstrap, not PageLines. Mark Dotto of Bootstrap explains his reasoning for implementing this behavior here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 wendygordon

wendygordon

• Members

• 156 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:19 PM

Catrina. thanks for the link Ok. so besides the fact that I just simply disagree with the Mark's thinking about this - for my own purposes only. I actually WANT to force people to have a sneak peak at what is underneath those carets - all of his concerns are fair. but ultimately his solution doesnt work for me. - is there any way to override it?

#4 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2219 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:06 PM

Hi wendygordon, like said Catrina
I read at forum...
"The NavBar not supporting the dropdown menus when "click". The Navbar section is based on Twitters Bootstraps navigation and they have designed their navigation this way."
"If you wish to have this type of functionality, you can either contact one of our Pros or use the Nav Classic menu section instead."

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:12 PM

Wendy, the way to override this Bootstrap issue is to use Nav Classic and style the menubar as you wish it to look via CSS. Unfortunately, there's no solid solution for the Twitter Bootstrap limitations. We're just forced to accept them or find alternatives. In this case, Nav Classic is 'the' alternative that's proven to work.

#6 wendygordon

wendygordon

• Members

• 156 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:57 PM

Hey Rob and Catrina. Thanks so much. yes. I know i can use Nav Classic.. but. I liked the fixed bar. I will look for alternatives. Thanks sooooo much. as always.

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

Wendy, the easy alternate, which sounds crazy is to have the first child item under the parent be the same as the parent.
So... Food
Food link >
Recipes >
Ingredients

Food would be the click link to drop the children and Food link would be the actual link to the food section. Sorry, I'm a foodie. One track mind.

#8 wendygordon

wendygordon

• Members

• 156 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:39 PM

it's a great idea. i solved it with UberMenu. I can fix the position and still get the flyouts.

#9 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:31 AM

I love Uber menu. Excellent solution.

#10 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts