Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

QuickSlider formatting issues

Question

Posted · Report post

I'm having an issue with the quickslider, the bottom border is not displaying. I'm wondering if this is a CSS issue?

Is there a fix to this problem?

In addition, the arrows are not displaying in IE. Everyone hates IE, but a few people still use it, is there a fix to this?

Site:

http://justin.lemejor.net/

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Actually, you should first install the Firebug add on for Firefox or use Chrome's Inspection Tool.

Then, when you've found the element you want to change, I'd recommend copying and pasting it to Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code in CSS Rules under the body {} tag (but not within it).

You'll find something like padding: 10px;  which creates padding of 10px all around. You can adjust it to 0 (without px). Any value above 0 must have the px.  See this link to learn more about CSS: http://www.w3schools.com/css/

Posted · Report post

After banging my head against the wall for a while before, I figured out the bottom border issue right after posting this. I had my padding at 0px, that was hidding the bottom border.

I still would like to know if there is a solution to the arrows problem? Maybe even like just hiding the arrows if it's IE?

Posted · Report post

You could install the browsercss plugin then just hide them for IE

Posted · Report post

Thank you! After a little hunting I found the element, and it is now fixed :D

Posted · Report post

I have the same problem as Nicolaos, but I dont know where to add the padding.

Assume I have no knowledge what so ever, how do I add the padding if I'm using the pagelines customization plugin?