Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Feature Slideshow transition effects not working

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi

For some reason my feature slide transition effects are not working. I have them set to fade but they are just going right to the next slide without an effect. Any suggestions??

here is the site i am working on

www.honorforveterans.com

13 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Also tried removing features and adding in new ones and it still does not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted · Report post

You appear to be using iframe code from Vimeo. Iframes tend to break the slider.

If you go into Vimeo, on the right, under the Share option, you'll be able to drill down to something that offers old embed code. That's the code to use in a feature slide. Try that and I suspect you'll be a happy camper!

Posted · Report post

hi. there is no vimeo embed on this website i am working on. perhaps you were looking at the wrong site?

the link to the site i am having trouble with is

www.honorforveterans.com

Posted · Report post

Check the feature settings on the page itself (Pages -> Edit) as well as at the global level (PageLines -> Site Options) to make sure you have the correct option(s) set. The Page settings will overwrite the global settings.

Posted · Report post

yes i already checked all that. it is all set up right but effects still are not working.

www.honorforveterans.com

Posted · Report post

The only other thing it can be, if you are sure that your settings are correct, is a plugin conflict. Visit Plugins and disable ALL of your plugins (if you're on a network install, those need to be disabled as well). Make sure you disable ALL except the PageLines Sections plugin.

After you've done this, please visit PageLines -> Site Options -> Advanced and enable PageLines debug. Please let us know when this is done.

Posted · Report post

but still not working

Posted · Report post

PageLines debug is showing this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function posix_getpwuid() in /home/content/78/8795678/html/honor/wp-content/themes/pagelines/admin/class.debug.php on line 187

You need to contact your website hosting company and ask them to make sure php posix library on active on your server. Some hosts are poorly configured and the only way to have things corrected is to ask them.

Posted · Report post

well thats strange because i have several sites hosted on godaddy that i use pagelines for and have never run into this problem.

Posted · Report post

Let us know how this goes.

Posted · Report post

Please try deactivating all active plugins to see if the problem persists.

Posted · Report post

Thanks Catrina. I tried that but it did not work.