Photo

How To Carry Over Previous CSS With WhiteHousePro Upgrade

white house pro css upgrade

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Claude203

Claude203

• Members

• 119 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:28 PM

I have WhiteHousePro 3.0.1 and over time I've added several enhancements and modifications to the CSS file, by editing the style.css file in the Edit Themes section under the Appearance heading.

If I upgrade to WHP 3.1.5, can I just copy the contents of the old style.css file and paste them over the the entire contents of the new style.css file? In other words, is there anything in the new CSS that needs to remain?

Or, is it better to take those enhancements and modifications and add them to the CSS Rules box in the Custom CSS section in the Custom Code section under Theme Options?

Thank you.

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

It's better to take those enhancements and modifications and add them to the CSS Rules box in the Custom CSS section. If you need to change any CSS at all, you can use Firebug to help you make those changes by following the instructions here: http://www.pagelines...iki/Custom_CSS. (This from the PageLines Framework documentation but the same technique can be applied)

#3 Claude203

Claude203

• Members

• 119 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:38 PM

Thanks Catrina. I will try that. I will also try Firebug as needed, however that instructions link you shared appears to be empty. Could you please confirm it. Thx.

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:19 AM

Hi Claude

Heres the link http://www.pagelines...wiki/Custom_CSS

#5 Claude203

Claude203

• Members

• 119 posts