Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How To Carry Over Previous CSS With WhiteHousePro Upgrade

Question

Posted · Report post

I have WhiteHousePro 3.0.1 and over time I've added several enhancements and modifications to the CSS file, by editing the style.css file in the Edit Themes section under the Appearance heading.

If I upgrade to WHP 3.1.5, can I just copy the contents of the old style.css file and paste them over the the entire contents of the new style.css file? In other words, is there anything in the new CSS that needs to remain?

Or, is it better to take those enhancements and modifications and add them to the CSS Rules box in the Custom CSS section in the Custom Code section under Theme Options?

Thank you.

1 person likes this

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Thank you James, I will check it out.

Posted · Report post

Keep us posted!

Posted · Report post

It's better to take those enhancements and modifications and add them to the CSS Rules box in the Custom CSS section. If you need to change any CSS at all, you can use Firebug to help you make those changes by following the instructions here: http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/Custom_CSS. (This from the PageLines Framework documentation but the same technique can be applied)

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Thanks Catrina. I will try that. I will also try Firebug as needed, however that instructions link you shared appears to be empty. Could you please confirm it. Thx.

1 person likes this