Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:59 PM
I tried recommended fixes below but none of them worked:
1) Re-saved the permalinks
2) De-activated ALL plugins (the Previous Entries link didn't work even with every single plugin deactivated all at once)
3) Upgraded to 3.1.5
I also tried the WP-PageNav plugin with disastrous results ... it locked me out of everything and I believe it is incompatible with WHP.
For now, I decided go back to WHP 3.0.1 until I can figure out first things first.
Do you have any suggestions for what else I could do now?
Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:06 AM
I've had a look at the link and online to see what could be happening. To me it looks like a permalinks issue based on others who've experienced the same thing online. Could you go back into settings>permalinks, not change anything, but just hit save and then refresh.
If that doesn't work the only other thing I've found which could help is go to settings/reading and change the default number "blog pages show at most" from the default to anything higher else. Its worked for others online
Let us know how you get on
Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:38 AM
Thanks for your reply.
I tried those steps you suggested: re-saving permalinks and increasing the number of blog pages that will show. However, those steps did not work.
As I mentioned earlier, I also tried to disable all plugins all at once and that did not work either.
Do you have any other suggestions?
Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:58 PM
If that's the case, likely this is a plugin conflict. Since you're using WHP, I'm presuming this is not a new website and thus you might have some older, possibly deprecated plugins. Since WordPress is updated routinely, they can cause some plugins to fail or conflict with other things.
Have you updated WP lately? Perhaps just before this stopped working for you?
Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:54 AM
Actually, it's not working in Firefox. It just dies there, although at least there's no error message.
It's also not a plugin conflict, since, as I mentioned previously, I deactivated ALL plugins at the same time, and it still didn't work.
My WP is at Version 3.4.2 which is the latest one.
Any other suggestions?
What's going on??
Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:28 AM
Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:15 PM
I solved it.
Here is what happened.
I was getting a 500 error, which points to the server. The server error log message was:
"PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_header() ... in page.php line 2 ..."
It turns out I had an "unwelcome" page.php file inside my /public_html folder, which I believe was placed there when I upgraded to the new WhiteHousePro version 3.1.x. How it got there, I don't know, because I used the automatic zip file upload feature under Themes.
This unwelcome file was upsetting WordPress, regardless of theme, because that file isn't supposed to be in that folder. It is supposed to be in the Theme folder.
The solution was simply to delete it (actually just to be safe I first renamed it), because there is already a page.php file inside the theme folder itself (I confirmed this before taking any action).
It is not completely confirmed whether WHP upgrade was guilty of placing the file there, but my upgrade plus the problem coincided, and I have not touched that folder nor that file, so this may have been the cause.