Author Page Option set-up

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jguerrieri

jguerrieri

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:32 PM

When I create a post for a category, I'm trying to set up a template so that I don't have to customize the actual post page every time I make a post (clikcing/unclicking options below the post in Meta settings).

Am I wrong that I should be able to go into the "Author Posts" Page set-up and configure the content areas and sidebars so that with each new post, it's automatically set up the way I want it? Am I in the wrong spot?

Is there some place else to chage the 'single post' meta settings so that I don't have to redo for every post?

Thanks! I'm obviously a novice at this, so any thoughts would help.

Josh

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:16 PM

Currently, there are no meta settings for single post pages on the Page Options screen, but I think that would be a good idea. For now, there is no other way to edit meta settings for posts except for in each single post editor page.

#3 jguerrieri

jguerrieri

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

Thank you Catrina. So what does the Author Page option do?

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13192 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:07 AM

Hi,

When you click on the authors name of post from the meta bar, you will be taken to the Authors page. Using the drag and drop and Author Page meta options in Page Options, you can customise the authors page however you like.

#5 marshallsolutions

marshallsolutions

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCebu, Philippines
  • Framework Version:2.3.5

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

@danny... based on the sections/postauthor/section.php file, there seems to be alot of things that do not show on the authors page... when you click on an authors name it only shows the posts by that author... however the section.php file seems to be pulling more things such as the profile picture, name, description, website link, etc... why do those not show when clicking on an author?

#6 marshallsolutions

marshallsolutions

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCebu, Philippines
  • Framework Version:2.3.5

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

nevermind... i just noticed that by default you don't include the post author section on that page template for author pages... :)

#7 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4983 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:48 AM

The topic was marked as resolved.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved