26 replies to this topic

#21 grintstick

grintstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

Ah! A breakthrough! Yes the problem was because I was using a simple text editor to find and replace the local URL's with the live URL's. I ended up using the php script by Interconnectit.com

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Blimey - someone should write a script which makes this thing a whole lot more user friendly - if Pagelines is supposed to be that they should put some time into writing a script that takes your site from local to live. Anyway, thanks a lot for your help - much appreciated.

Adam.

#22 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:53 PM

Simon's solution is the best.

I'm marking this Resolved for moderation purposes.

#23 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:53 PM

The topic was marked as resolved.

#24 grintstick

grintstick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

Sorry this isn't quite resolved. It seems that changing the URL's in the SQL file is a bit of an inexact science when dealing with serialised strings. Using the interconnectit.com plugin, it worked once, but then failed to work again when I updated the site. I have re-exported the SQL file, reloaded all the WP content files several times over, tried Peach as well for another find and replace tools. The closest I have got is the full site but with missing widgets and broken links to pages. At the moment, I've just got a Pagelines logo. Check the URL and you'll see.

It seems something to do with the SQL DB but every route I try results in a broken site, each in a different way.

Any ideas?

Adam.

#25 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

The only way that really only works is MAMP and virtual hosts. Thats how I do it, Ive moved pagelines.com 3 times with that method ;)

#26 pleelayuvat

pleelayuvat

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationBangkok
  • Framework Version:2.2

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:49 AM

I am using pagelines, mamp pro and coda, is there a step by step transferring site from local to live somewhere? Anyone know?

#27 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17919 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

The Simplest method is to install Wordpress and PageLines Framework on your live server. Then on your MAMP setup, backup both your Wordpress content and PageLines theme settings.

Then go to your live site and import both the Wordpress Content and your PageLines theme settings file.

See here for information - 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved, MAMP, local server, live