7 replies to this topic

#1 xavaireland

xavaireland

Advanced Member

• Members

• 65 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:50 AM

I am trying to create a custom section where the branding and the social bar and a callour are all in one.

The left side of the section will be the logo. The right side will have a phone number and then immediately below it will be the social icons.

So far I have managed to edit the callout section to remove the CTA button and move the Header to the right. Is it possible to overlay 2 sections in Pagelines? If not, I will have to look at writing a custom section for the brand-Social-CTA - I would like to avoid it if possible so I thought I'd ask if overlaying 2 sections is possible?

Thanks
Amit

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13234 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:10 AM

Hi Amit,

Would it be possible for you to create a concept image so we can understand what it is you're trying to do. Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

#3 xavaireland

xavaireland

Advanced Member

• Members

• 65 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

Currently I have the Callout Section followed by the Branding section (or the Brandnav section)Posted Image
I would like to remove the callout header text from the right hand side and just over lay the rest on top of the brandnav section. I tried adding z-index property to the callout section so it overlays on the brandnav but I was not successful in changing the layout so they occupy the same physical space on the site?
What I would like to have is something like:
Posted Image

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:52 PM

You can accomplish the goal you set above using the Branding section and a hook that will add_content_before_icons.

This should be fairly simple.

#5 xavaireland

xavaireland

Advanced Member

• Members

• 65 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:56 PM

I am newbie when it comes to hooks - please point me to the relevant documentation. Incidentally, I created a new section (Features with an Optional widget) - I want to be able to use both the custom section and the default features section - is that possible? I think it should be possible but I am using the control for the default features in my custom section - any tips?

At the moment, my customisations control the feature
If I specify the widget shortcode, then the feature reduces in width to accommodate the widget otherwise it takes up the 100% width of the feature space.

#6 xavaireland

xavaireland

Advanced Member

• Members

• 65 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:45 AM

Ah yes - got it working using a hook - thanks. Incidentally, how can I see the hooks available for each section in the WP Pagelines interface? Like in your "Using your first hook" video?

#7 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13234 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:10 AM

There is a free plugin available in the PageLines store called "Action Map". Once activated, refresh your website and in the top left hand corner of your Wordpress Adminbar there will be a new link called Action Map. Clicking this will reload your page with all available hooks visible.

You can also see a complete list of hooks/filters here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13234 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:10 AM

The topic was marked as resolved.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved, Sections, customisations, branding, social bar