Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resolved Customised Brand-Callout-Social Section

Question

Posted · Report post

I am trying to create a custom section where the branding and the social bar and a callour are all in one.

The left side of the section will be the logo. The right side will have a phone number and then immediately below it will be the social icons.

So far I have managed to edit the callout section to remove the CTA button and move the Header to the right. Is it possible to overlay 2 sections in Pagelines? If not, I will have to look at writing a custom section for the brand-Social-CTA - I would like to avoid it if possible so I thought I'd ask if overlaying 2 sections is possible?

Thanks

Amit

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Currently I have the Callout Section followed by the Branding section (or the Brandnav section)currently.gif

I would like to remove the callout header text from the right hand side and just over lay the rest on top of the brandnav section. I tried adding z-index property to the callout section so it overlays on the brandnav but I was not successful in changing the layout so they occupy the same physical space on the site?

What I would like to have is something like:

desired.gif

Posted · Report post

I am newbie when it comes to hooks - please point me to the relevant documentation. Incidentally, I created a new section (Features with an Optional widget) - I want to be able to use both the custom section and the default features section - is that possible? I think it should be possible but I am using the control for the default features in my custom section - any tips?

At the moment, my customisations control the feature

If I specify the widget shortcode, then the feature reduces in width to accommodate the widget otherwise it takes up the 100% width of the feature space.

Posted · Report post

You can accomplish the goal you set above using the Branding section and a hook that will add_content_before_icons.

This should be fairly simple.

Posted · Report post

Ah yes - got it working using a hook - thanks. Incidentally, how can I see the hooks available for each section in the WP Pagelines interface? Like in your "Using your first hook" video?

Posted · Report post

There is a free plugin available in the PageLines store called "Action Map". Once activated, refresh your website and in the top left hand corner of your Wordpress Adminbar there will be a new link called Action Map. Clicking this will reload your page with all available hooks visible.

You can also see a complete list of hooks/filters here:

http://api.pagelines.com/hooks

Posted · Report post

The topic was marked as resolved.

Posted · Report post

Hi Amit,

Would it be possible for you to create a concept image so we can understand what it is you're trying to do. Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.