Photo
- - - - -

Using a modal pop-up window on a simple image button

modal pop-up window

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 kwitelle

kwitelle

• Members

• 13 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:39 AM

Hi,

I wonder if you could help me on this. Is it possible to trigger the modal pop-up window form a simple graphic (an image for example). We would like to use a banner image in the sidebar. When people click on it they get that great modal pop-up window.
If this is possible, how do you do this?

Thank you in advance for your kind reply.
Kwitelle

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17618 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:58 AM

Hi Kwitelle,

If you're referring to the PageLines Modal shortcode, then no it is not possible at this moment in time unfortunately. The modal is based on Twitter Bootstrap and it currently doesn't support image based modals.

If you require this functionality, you will need to install a plugin such as LightBox or Fancybox.

#3 adonnan

adonnan

• Members

• 24 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:48 PM

Could this be done on a call to action button? i.e. the button triggers a modal window vs a simple hyperlink to another piece of content?

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17618 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:02 AM

I apologise but I am not quite sure what you're referring to.

Do you mean you wish to have a call to action button and upon click, a lightbox/fancybox window pops up with content?

Or do you mean you wish to have a call to action button and upon click, the PageLines modal window pops up with content ?

#5 adonnan

adonnan

• Members

• 24 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

@Danny

Styling wise, I like how the built-in call to action button is styled. I tried to replicate it and create a section to implement the modal feature, but got stuck. I was on the right track I believe correct?

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17618 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:27 AM

If you look at our demo page, you will notice that the default modal button on there is the same style as the Callout section, not sure why you would need to create a section. Can you provide more information please.