Photo
- - - - -
Resolved

Updated pagelines to Custom CSS Error

css update error plugin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 iamtheeverydaygirl

iamtheeverydaygirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:28 AM

Hi there --

I finally updated pagelines to the most recent version and received this message:

PageLines Custom LESS/CSS error.
parse error: failed at ` /”> ` line: 845

When I click the error (at the top of the page) - I'm sent over to the CSS code. Tried to figure out the problem, delete some stuff, move it around, etc -- but everytime I hit the "save" button, I get this weird error message:

Request-URI Too Large

The requested URL's length exceeds the capacity limit for this server.

No idea where to go from here!

I'm also trying to upload a new plugin -- and I upload the zip and hit "install" and .... nothing. Not sure if I need to fix this custom css problem first?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated! Thank you !!

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16313 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:07 AM

Hi,

Basically the Parse error means you have a minor error in your custom CSS, this could be a missing ; or }

All you need to do is review your custom CSS and find the error. We now use the LESS CSS processor. LESS CSS is far less forgiving as standard CSS and you wont get away with any errors.

The "Request-URL Too Large", simply means that the URL is simply too large, this is an issue with your server URL length limit.

If you're having issues installing a plugin, its probably related to a memory limit on your server. Therefore, would it be possible to provide your PHP server info please. You can do this by reading the link below.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 iamtheeverydaygirl

iamtheeverydaygirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:13 PM

Hi --

I fixed the plugin problem -- needed to update another plugin.

As far as the CSS, I know that I need to fix something in my custom CSS, but everytime I try to make a change I get that request error. Here's the thing -- I haven't changed servers, I'm on the same computer and network as before and I've never, ever seen this message. Have made changes before I updated in my custom css and it saved w/out giving me that error message.

Not sure how to make the url smaller ....

Just posted another topic because now my pages won't let me edit them - so not sure if this is all connected?

#4 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:16 PM

Tou can validate your css here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#5 iamtheeverydaygirl

iamtheeverydaygirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:31 PM

Great -- thank you Simon, that shows exactly where the problem is.

BUT -- here's the thing, since I upgraded I cannot "save" ANY page under my "Global Settings" in pagelines. Everytime I attempt to make a change and hit "save" - I get this message:

"Request-URI Too Large

The requested URL's length exceeds the capacity limit for this server."

Yesterday, before I upgraded, I made a change under my global settings and hit "save" without a problem. After the upgrade, it is telling me that the url is too large, but I am on the same computer, the same server, everything.

This is driving me nuts! Do you have any idea what could have happened w/ the upgrade???

Thank you!!

#6 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:33 PM

Talk to your host they have a limit set for POST requests in PHP, and its way too restrictive.

#7 iamtheeverydaygirl

iamtheeverydaygirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:53 PM

Thank you SO much!! On the phone with them now. You saved me a million grey hairs.

#8 iamtheeverydaygirl

iamtheeverydaygirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:22 PM

Simon -- quick question. My host is trying to fix it, but it's still not working. They're asking me "how large of a post size your software requires, or if there are any other attributes which might need to be modified?"

Would you happen to know that?? Thanks!

#9 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:14 PM

On my server, I have the post_max_size set to 8M and have no issues. Hope that helps!

#10 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:05 AM

Marking resolved as you opened a new post that was resolved.

#11 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

The topic was marked as resolved.