Pagelines browser compatibility

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 chorizo

chorizo

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:14 PM

I made my site in Chrome, and the lay-out is messed up in Internet Explorer. Can anyone help me figure out why? When I go to the dashboard in Internet Explorer and look at the content, it looks fine.

Here is the site:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks.

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:24 PM

Hi Chorizo

I've not got internet explorer so I can't check the display for you. Would you be able to provide us with a screen shot. I should point out that we only partially support IE since the earlier versions do not support CSS3. Which version of IE are you using? It could be that some of the sections used aren't compatible etc.

I've checked the link provided in Firefox and I've noticed the spanish and english translations overlapping.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 chorizo

chorizo

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:58 AM

Hi James, yes it's the same issue in Firefox. In Chrome its fine. Do you know how to fix that? My using IE 9.

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:22 AM

Looking at the code for the page it looks like you've used html to set images inside the boxes, the html specifies the height and widith of the image which is larger than the box width/page canvas width. So it's placing them as best it can on the page but they're overlapping.

You'll need to resize the images manually or via the html code you've entered so they appear smaller.

#5 chorizo

chorizo

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:03 AM

I just did that and they're still overlapped. If I decrease the size of the pictures too much or the margin size to make the boxes wider, then the header doesn't fit anymore. The page looks great in Chrome so not sure why it would look different in other browsers.

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15120 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:37 AM

Hi,

Like James, I am not a WIndows user and therefore it's difficult to see the issue. Although, from what I can see, your issue is that the images are have these dimensions:

515x300 pixels

However, you're setting the images width/height to something smaller 464x270 pixels. Therefore, you will need reduce the size of your images to 464x270 pixels. This should resolve your issue.

If it doesn't please provide a screenshot of the issue.

#7 ncred

ncred

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:48 AM

I'm having the same issue. When I look at what I created in IE9 it looks terrible and nothing like what I see in Chrome. I'm not sure what to do from here. I wish I had done a bit of research before buying the Pro version. My business site has to look right on all browsers. Is this template capable of consistently looking the same across platforms? Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

www.ncred.net

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15120 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:01 AM

Hi nCred,

First things first, please do not hijack other users topics, if you have an issue please create a new topic.

Regarding your "all browsers" comment. PageLInes supports all modern browsers, this includes Internet Explorer 9. However, we are unable to support old browsers due to our use of HTML5 and CSS3.

Please create a new topic and provide screenshots of your issue, also what version of Internet Explorer ?

#9 chan08

chan08

Advanced Member

• Members

• 37 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:27 PM

@Danny,

Thanks for all the help in the forums. Would you happen to know what version of Pagelines supports IE7 - IE8 ?

#10 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:14 AM

PageLines Framework doesn't support either IE7 or 8. Both are effectively deprecated browsers, though we're soon going to add some additional support for NavBar in IE8 only.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pagelines, browser compatibility