How to show video in TwinShot

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 kathrine_mazanti

kathrine_mazanti

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:11 AM

I cannot get a video shown in TwinShot. I've got the twinshot feature on my index. I've tried several video-urls from youtube and vimeo (the not to big ones) but still it doesn't work. I've dragged TwinShot into the right category in drag&drop, but nothing... I can see the name I gave the video, the description and the picture I gave it. But no video. What to do?

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:36 PM

Can you please post the URL that you're trying to add?

#3 kathrine_mazanti

kathrine_mazanti

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:14 AM

Sure, but I tried several URL's

The site, where I want to add it is talentskolen.nu on the index page. Under the Quickslider (which works fine) I want two items: a news box on the left side, and a video on the right. You can see I've added twinshot, but cant get it to work.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15064 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:30 AM

Hi,

Would it be possible for you to install a free app called Jing please. Jing captures anything you see on your computer screen, as an image or short video, and lets you share it instantly.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Once installed, can you take screenshots of the following please:
  • A screenshot of your Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Drag and Drop, template where your have TwinShot active.
  • A screenshot of your TwinShot settings, showing us the URL used.
Then post the screens in your reply, so we can investigate further.

#5 kathrine_mazanti

kathrine_mazanti

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

Sorry, but I'm unable to download what you suggested (restricted work computer), but I made the screenshots you asked for. Hope it does the trick :-)

Attached Files

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:16 PM

Your settings look as they should. Can you please try deactivating all active plugins and checking the TwinShot slider on your site to see if it appears?

#7 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:19 PM

How exactly did you install TwinShot? It looks like it was not installed correctly.

#8 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:18 AM

Hi there, are you posting the full url, like

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I've just tried the above url for that video and it worked perfectly. Don't used the embed options, has to be the full url

Hope this helps :)

#9 kathrine_mazanti

kathrine_mazanti

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:07 AM

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried the full URL - didn't help. Also tried deactivating all plugins, didn't help either. I installed Twinshot via FireZilla. Wouldn't you say that it was right to install it in the folder: Pagelines - sections... or? Is it here the misery begins?

Kathrine

#10 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15064 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:14 AM

Hi Katherine,

Can you please remove the TwinShot section and then re-install it by going to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Store > Sections > Top Premium > then install TwinShot from there.

If the button underneath TwinShot, says purchase. Then please add your PageLines account username and password to:

Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Dashboard > Your Account. Once you have entered the correct details, you, follow the steps above and the button should now say "Install".