scroll spy

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 fpgeeks

fpgeeks

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

I've added the Scroll Spy section to my Blog Post template and it's working great on the pages where I want it, but on the pages where I haven't called the "scroll-header" class I get the message:

"Add HTML elements with a "scroll-header" class and "title" attribute to document. None detected."

I can remove it by going to the individual post settings and hiding the Scroll Spy section for that post, but I don't want to do that for the 500+ posts I don't need Scroll Spy on. Is there way to turn it off by default and enable it for individual posts like many of the of the other sections?

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

I think you can hide the section on just post pages using CSS. Do you want it to hide on all individual post pages?

#3 fpgeeks

fpgeeks

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

I want to hide it on all blog posts by default, and then turn it on for just a few individual blog posts.
So, in the following image that shows the settings for the individual blog post, I would like to check that box to enable the Scroll Spy section on the 10 or so posts I want it on instead of selecting it on the 500+ posts where I would need to turn it off.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

72.21KB   9 downloads

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:05 AM

Hi there, I think in order to achieve this you'll have to 'hide the section by default' in the drag and drop area for the blog post template (options tab in the section tab). Then unhide it on the posts you want the scroll spy to work.

#5 fpgeeks

fpgeeks

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:12 AM

Hi there, I think in order to achieve this you'll have to 'hide the section by default' in the drag and drop area for the blog post template (options tab in the section tab). Then unhide it on the posts you want the scroll spy to work.

That's how I tried to do it, but I couldn't find the setting. This is where it should be, right?

751.83KB   6 downloads

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:45 AM

Hmmm I see, its inactive on the blog posts template. I would imagine this is because the framework doesn't handle custom post types. The only thing I can think of in that case, would be to create a custom post type (using a third party plugin etc) and apply the scroll spy to that for the ten posts you want, leaving it off for the rest of the system default posts. I've never worked with custom post types myself though, there could be a much easier option.

I'll leave this topic open and maybe one of the other moderators will be able to suggest something further for you :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: scroll spy