Photo
- - - - -

Sub category navigation

category blog navigation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 jredcay

jredcay

• Members

• 4 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

I need to add a sub navigation to my blog category/archive page that allows me to navigate deeper into posts. I have this page for instance -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

that shows all of my clients residential projects. I Know how to do this in regular wordpress adding a blog category dependent php script to show a certain bit of code, but in pagelines I am lost. Does anyone know how I can add a sub nav (bathrooms, new homes and additions and renovations) to the top of this page?

Thanks in advance.

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

Do you already have subcategories for Bathrooms, New Homes, Additions, etc. set up in your WordPress settings?

#3 jredcay

jredcay

• Members

• 4 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

Yes the posts are tagged accordingly. I just need a small subnav under the main nav but within the content block. Basically filter capabilities to drill down to the posts more specifically.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:36 PM

What you're requesting makes sense. Tag lists are generated using PHP (the WordPress template tag for the tag list, to be specific an). Just so you know what the tag list will look like and how it's generated, please see here:

#5 jredcay

jredcay

• Members

• 4 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

I dont know if that is really what I want, unless you have a good demo example of this using page lines. Also where would I put that? As the Pagelines Framework is different than I am used to ( a client of mine wants to use Pagelines for their project) Ultimately they wanted a graphic representation of the sub categories where when going to the general main category of Residential homes there would be a 100px high by 200px button for Bathrooms, New Homes, Additions and Renovations. Clicking then on that button would bring up the posts for only those tagged in that category. I know how to do this within the wordpress category.php or archive.php file for twentyten/eleven themes.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:23 PM

Okay, I don't know if this would help, but let's give it a try.

In Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop, go to Content Area, select Blog Page and slide a Universal Sidebar over to the Active Sections column on the left from Available Sections on the right. You can select this method for other templates in Content Area or Page Templates.

Now, go to Dashboard > Appearance > Menus and create a new menu for your sub-menu items. Make sure this menu has its own unique name and is saved.

Now go to Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets and slide the Custom Menu widget to the Universal Sidebar. When the widget opens, give it a name and from the drop down list, select the new menu with the sub-nav items. The menu will appear in the post where you want it.