Photo
- - - - -

Dropdown menu not working in ie8

ie8 explorer menu dropdown

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 arlomiller

arlomiller

Advanced Member

• Members

• 99 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:50 PM

The menu on my site isn't working on ie8, this is the default menu that comes with pagelines, please advise. www.milleryfamilydermatology.com

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

The parent menu items with child pages need to be clicked in order for the dropdowns to work (they don't show up on mouse hover). When you click on them, nothing happens at all?

#3 arlomiller

arlomiller

Advanced Member

• Members

• 99 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:47 PM

The parent menu items with child pages need to be clicked in order for the dropdowns to work (they don't show up on mouse hover). When you click on them, nothing happens at all?

Apparently when they're clicked in iE8 a line just shows up and the menu items are cut off, I cannot replicate it as I'm on a mac.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:53 PM

A similar issue has popped up before but there wasn't a solid solution for it. Would it be possible to get a screenshot of the issue (it may be CSS-related)? I cannot replicate the issue either since I'm also on a Mac. :(

#5 arlomiller

arlomiller

Advanced Member

• Members

• 99 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:40 PM

Here is a screen grab:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:18 PM

The screengrab doesn't load (even after I waiter and refresh several times). Can you please try re-uploading?

#7 arlomiller

arlomiller

Advanced Member

• Members

• 99 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:00 PM

Here is the screenshot

Attached Files

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:21 PM

That is a common problem in IE8. There's limited support we can provide in IE8 because it's an older browser version. Since it's a browser-related issue, it's beyond the scope of our control. Can you try upgrading to IE9? This would be the best solution.

#9 ratputin

ratputin

Advanced Member

• Members

• 66 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:13 PM

I am experiencing the same issue. Personally I use modern browsers, however my client's analytics shows 48% of their users use IE8. As I cannot ask all of them to update (oh I wish I could), will a fix be made available?

#10 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

Did you try the navclassic section? Its basically the nav we used for PlatformPro and doesnt have any css3 elements that ie8 does not understand.

#11 ratputin

ratputin

Advanced Member

• Members

• 66 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:26 PM

I am experimenting with that now :).

KO

#12 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:28 PM

IE8 and previous versions do not read CSS3 or HTML5 as they predate those coding systems. As a result, there are some elements of NavBar which don't show in some versions of IE. The only available solution at present is Nav Classic. Let us know if you need assistance with swapping NavBar with Nav Classic via the Drag & Drop panels.