Photo
- - - - -

Menu Dropdown appear behind quickslider so unable to click links/pages

quickslider dropdown menu

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 followfundraising

followfundraising

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:45 PM

Hello All

I have had some user feedback that the menu dropdowns are appearing 'behind' the quickslider on my homepage -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I have asked them to clarify the browser they are using etc as mine appear fine. But whilst I wait for this I wondered if anybody has experienced a similar issue and found an easy fix to ensure it works across the board?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kris
Sydney, Australia

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:10 PM

Kris,
Apologies for the delay replying. We've just launched this new forum system and we're just getting accustomed to it.

I checked your site in IE9, Chrome, Safari and Firefox and the menu appears correctly in all. The only thing I can possibly think of is the possibility that they're looking in IE7 or IE8. Because those browsers don't use CSS3 or HTML5, it may be that the menus don't work in front of the slider. We've had no complaints about this, so I'm rather confused by their claims.

Unfortunately, there's no solution available since it's technically not broken.

#3 followfundraising

followfundraising

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:28 AM

Thanks for the reply Rob, it appears that several people are having the same issue and they are using IE8, which is still a very popular browser.

I don't want to have to use a work around and change the design of the site, as its been well received in general!

Is there any way to address CSS3 limitations with this browser by using a difference menu setup? Any suggestions would be great...

Cheers
Kris

#4 followfundraising

followfundraising

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:30 AM

PS I have applied the following advanced CSS, but this wouldn't be an issue right?

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16247 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:32 AM

Hi,

Basically the NavBar utilises CSS3 and HTML5, something which Internet Explorer 8 doesn't really like. Therefore, you can try adding the custom CSS below and see if that resolves your case or use the Nav Classic menu.