Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

how do I remove Logo and seach bar in the Fixed NavBar

Question

Posted · Report post

I need to remove the logo and the search features on the fixed nav bar. I made sure that there is no logo in the Nav Bar settings but it's still showing up. I remove the search in the Header and Footer options but it also still shows up in the fixed NavBar. Any ideas?

15 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Add this to your custom CSS.

.fixed-top .plbrand { display: none; }

You can use this code which I post above, if that doesn't work, you may need to add one of the overrides to code, which will look something like this:

#site .fixed-top .plbrand { display: none; }

I recommend you also see our custom CSS documentation, which may assist you - http://support.pagelines.me/docs/customization/custom-css/

Posted · Report post

Go to Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > NavBar. Scroll down to "Fixed NavBar - NavBar Logo" and click "Remove" to remove the logo. Scroll a little further down to "NavBar and Fixed NavBar Configuration Options" and select "Fixed NavBar - Hide Searchform?" checking the box next to it. This will remove the search field in the menu.

Posted · Report post

Thanks. I missed that hide search form option. But the logo is already removed. I think what's happening is it's putting in the site title from the general WP settings. Can that be removed?

Posted · Report post

Well, you can always create a simple, really small transparent image using a graphics editor and upload it to the NavBar.

Posted · Report post

But I want the menu items to all be flush left. So a blank image won't allow for that...

Posted · Report post

Hi, Add this to your custom CSS. [code].fixed-top .plbrand { display: none; }[/code]
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I ended up doing the code below in the custom css and it worked! Thanks for the help though! .navbar .plbrand-text {display: none;}

Posted · Report post

Thanks for posting your solution.

Posted · Report post

I tried the proposed solution of

.navbar .plbrand-text {display: none;}

But it didn't work. Any thoughts why?

Posted · Report post

That code looks like its for the standard navbar not the fixed. If you're using fixed navbar you'll need to use firebug or chrome dev tools to identify the additional class name you need to put in to make that code work

Posted · Report post

In Custom CSS, place:

.navbar .plbrand {
  1. displaynone;
}

Posted · Report post

I have a logo that has been uploaded and want to use the fixed nav bar but do not want the text which states the site's name visible. I think this is being generated from WP defaut info for the site. I don't mind the search box as in the previous posts, so that is fine. I just want to remove the text that states the site's name.

I tried adding the CSS code and it is not working. I double checked and there is nothing in the fixed nav bar area. It is blank. Can you please advise? Thank you!

Posted · Report post

Hi, please open a new topic.  This one is resolved long ago.  It helps us provide you better support to always open your own topics rather than hijacking an existing one.

Posted · Report post

"Hijacking"? Wow! That is a very strong and unnecessary comment, Rob. You could be a lot nicer. I have never posted on your forums before and don't appreciate your inappropriate tone. How disappointing and not conducive for positively marketing your company's business.

Posted · Report post

Tagging on to anyone elses' topic is considered hijacking that topic. It wasn't meant to insult you.  But this is a resolved topic.  If you want help, please open new topics where we will be very happy to help.