Photo
- - - - -

Drop Down Nav with Internet Explorer

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 makeylon

makeylon

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:40 PM

So, I've searched the forum and never really found a good answer to this. I have some drop down navigation on my pagelines framework site. It works fine expect in Internet Explorer. I click on it, it turns white, but no drop down (or it is hidden), and it won't move to the main category either. Any ideas anybody?

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:01 PM

Can you please take a screenshot of the menu when you click on it? I don't have IE so I cannot see the issue.

#3 makeylon

makeylon

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:10 PM

Hey Catrina, long time no see. Well, I don't know how to upload an image on here... lol. I click on the image button but nothing happens. Basically, the menu item gets highlighted, but the drop down doesn't appear. Clicking on the highlighted category doesn't do anything either, if it is a drop down menu item. The non-drop down menu items work fine.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:26 PM

You can upload your image to imgur.com and paste the direct image URL here.

#5 makeylon

makeylon

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:39 PM

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

It might be a z-index issue with the submenu. You may need to inspect it using Firebug to find the selector for it and then adjust the z-index. For instructions on Firebug, please see:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

For how to use the z-index property:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#7 makeylon

makeylon

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:06 PM

I'm good with firebug, but why would it only be affected on IE and not FF?

#8 makeylon

makeylon

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:08 PM

Also, it shows a z-index of 1000... .dropdown-menu { position: absolute; top: 100%; left: 0px; z-index: 1000; float: left; display: none; min-width: 160px; padding: 4px 0px; margin: 0px; list-style: none outside none; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); border-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2); border-style: solid; border-width: 1px; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; box-shadow: 0px 5px 10px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2); background-clip: padding-box; text-align: left; }

#9 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:20 PM

Change the z-index:1000 to z-index:2 and see if that helps.

#10 tgosss

tgosss

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:00 PM

I have a few visitors who are complaining of a similar issue (particularly in in IE 8). @makeylon can you post on here if the solution mentioned solves your issue? @catrina or @rangelone are there any other known issues with IE (some of our users still use this browser). If so, what steps can I take to address the issue(s).

#11 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:24 PM

@tgosss You can try our Browser Specific CSS plugin available via the Store. What CSS you'd apply I don't know since I don't have a link to your site. Please don't provide one here as this is bad netiquette and considered topic hijacking. If you need additional assistance, please open a new topic.