Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Drop Down Nav with Internet Explorer

Question

Posted · Report post

So, I've searched the forum and never really found a good answer to this. I have some drop down navigation on my pagelines framework site. It works fine expect in Internet Explorer. I click on it, it turns white, but no drop down (or it is hidden), and it won't move to the main category either. Any ideas anybody?

10 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Can you please take a screenshot of the menu when you click on it? I don't have IE so I cannot see the issue.

Posted · Report post

Hey Catrina, long time no see. Well, I don't know how to upload an image on here... lol. I click on the image button but nothing happens. Basically, the menu item gets highlighted, but the drop down doesn't appear. Clicking on the highlighted category doesn't do anything either, if it is a drop down menu item. The non-drop down menu items work fine.

Posted · Report post

You can upload your image to imgur.com and paste the direct image URL here.

Posted · Report post

I'm good with firebug, but why would it only be affected on IE and not FF?

Posted · Report post

Also, it shows a z-index of 1000... .dropdown-menu { position: absolute; top: 100%; left: 0px; z-index: 1000; float: left; display: none; min-width: 160px; padding: 4px 0px; margin: 0px; list-style: none outside none; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); border-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2); border-style: solid; border-width: 1px; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; box-shadow: 0px 5px 10px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2); background-clip: padding-box; text-align: left; }

Posted · Report post

Change the z-index:1000 to z-index:2 and see if that helps.

Posted · Report post

I have a few visitors who are complaining of a similar issue (particularly in in IE 8). @makeylon can you post on here if the solution mentioned solves your issue? @catrina or @rangelone are there any other known issues with IE (some of our users still use this browser). If so, what steps can I take to address the issue(s).

Posted · Report post

@tgosss You can try our Browser Specific CSS plugin available via the Store. What CSS you'd apply I don't know since I don't have a link to your site. Please don't provide one here as this is bad netiquette and considered topic hijacking. If you need additional assistance, please open a new topic.