• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gavin_launchpad

gavin_launchpad

Advocate

• Members

• 485 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:39 AM

Hi here in the UK there are rules regarding accessibility of websites for visually impaired and others. most people ignore them, however, if you are a public service you can't. we need to create at least three (possibly 4) options There will be the normal view - which everyone sees when they arrive. We then need to be able to provide a link on the home page to select one of the other options: high contrast visually impaired print friendly you can see examples of the styles on this site

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

- the links are at the bottom of the page or on this site

the links are the "a" at the top of the page. how can this be achieved with Pagelines & LESS etc? Thanks for the help

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:30 PM

PageLines doesn't provide this function out-of-the-box, but I think this question brings up an important point: WP really needs a default function or at least a good plugin that allows this type of capability! I looked around for possible solutions (plugins and CSS solutions), but couldn't find anything worthy for WP specifically, but I did find CSS stylesheet switching techniques (like this one:

). You may need to play around with different solutions and tweak them until they work the way you'd like.

#3 gavin_launchpad

gavin_launchpad

Advocate

• Members

• 485 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:59 PM

Thanks Catrina. I found this plugin

i'm not sure though like the look of that link you sent me. any more ideas?

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:08 PM

There have been several links like the one I provided to you, but I can't say which ones would be most effective. You can also try searching for a CSS stylesheet switcher that doesn't require Javascript.