Photo
- - - - -

bbPress / iForum / Deep Integration / iBlog Pro

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
51 replies to this topic

#1 pkr3

pkr3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 08:01 PM

iBlog Pro Developer theme is installed on WordPress and operating successfully. bbPress forum is installed and working correctly at designated forum URL. "Integrated" bbPress and WordPress successfully; assuming the need to login only once at either site/page then migrate between the bbPress and WordPress seamlessly is an indiction of aforementioned ""success."

#1. 12 hours of effort. Still not able to Deep Integrate. The "require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . ???/../wp-load.php??™)" command line, when executed exactly as instructed inside the "bb-config.php" file (in accordance with: Pagelines help, Pagelines video, WordPress codex) brings up numerous errors when attempting to load the forum page in browser...can submit errors upon request. In short, without entering Deep Integration code, the forum page works fine. After adding the code, and trying every feasible directory path under the sun, the forum page shows errors/warnings when trying to load.

#2. Upgraded to iBlog Developer and there is no "Forum" folder containing Pro Forum Theme after unzipping downloaded iBlog Developer ".zip" file. I am unable to locate and/or upload the Pagelines "bbPress iForum" theme to server/database. Naturally, Item #1 above requires a solution prior to finding and installing the Pagelines forum theme.

#3. After upgrading to iBlog Developer, I still can't find where/how to remove the iBlog logo ("leaf link") in the footer.

I have searched the forum and internet for solutions, prior to leaving this post/topic, to no avail. Am requesting support before blindness occurs.

Thank you.

#2 pkr3

pkr3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 09:54 PM

#1. Here is the "require_once" line as entered in the bb-config.php file:

* BB_LANG to 'de' to enable German language support.
*/
define( 'BB_LANG', '' );

require_once(???/websitename/wp-load.php??™);

?>

#2. Here are the errors I'm getting when going to the forum page/url:

Warning: Division by zero in /home/content/08/DBnumber/html/websitename/forum/bb-config.php on line 65

Warning: Division by zero in /home/content/08/DBnumber/html/websitename/forum/bb-config.php on line 65

Warning: require_once(0php???‚¬?„?) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/08/DBnumber/html/websitename/forum/bb-config.php on line 65

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '0php???‚¬?„?' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/08/DBnumber/html/websitename/forum/bb-config.php on line 65

In the code and errors above:

"DBnumber" = "undisclosed database number." and "websitename" = "undisclosed website name without .com" which is also the name of the root folder on the web hosted server.

Thanks.

#3 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:31 AM

First, sorry about the trouble you're having... we'll get it worked out for you ( and thanks a ton for your business) Second, Lets start by getting a successful deep integration. Have you checked with your host about getting the 'correct' path to your wp-load.php from your server root? Ours here at PageLines goes like this: `require_once('/home/pagelines/public_html/wp/wp-load.php');`

#4 pkr3

pkr3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:38 PM

Andrew,

Thanks for checking in. I received an email from "Tim" as follows (my response is below his, if you don't mind helping):

Hi Paul,

First of all, thanks for upgrading!

We have a link in our docs that should help you out with iForum.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

With the removal of the footer link, it should automatically be removed with the developer edition. Make sure that your theme has the "dev" folder in it. If not, try downloading the developer theme again.

-Tim

Tim,

Thanks for the link, followed it many times to no avail. However, downloading and reinstalling Developer did the trick (leaf gone)...even though Developer was installed properly the first time; not sure why a re-install fixed it. Some things never change. ;)

One remaining issue though, your instructions read, as follows (see below), but after uncompressing your Developer .zip, there is still no "Forum" file found (to uncompress, as suggested on the first line of your instructions). Am I missing something here or misunderstanding?

I will select "resolved" as soon as I/we figure out what is meant by "Uncompress the Forum file." In short, are you referring to bbPress or is there an actual "Forum" folder that is supposed to appear, then be uncompressed in the iBlog Developer download; which there is none.

Thank you!

Paul

Pagelines Forum Instructions
"Uploading and Activating your bbPress Theme for the First Time:"

"Uncompress the Forum file to access the theme and the plugins.
Find the theme folder located in the ???ForumTheme??™ directory (i.e. ???StationProForum??™). Upload the folder to the ???bb-templates??™ directory in your bbPress install via FTP.
Find the plugin folders located in the ???ForumPlugins??™ directory (i.e. ???bbcode-buttons??™, ???bbpress-polls??™, etc)."

#5 pkr3

pkr3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:51 PM

Andrew/Tim,

One last thing (right!) which is still related to the original Deep Integration issue. Keep in mind, bbPress (on a separate database) is up and running under "normal" integration successfully.

When I "properly" enter the "resourse_code" command it produces a BLANK forum page. Altering the code at all, will then produce visible error warnings on the forum page.

Here's the question: Does a BLANK forum page mean I'm getting close?

My Guess: I'm on a web hosting service that rhymes with "DoGaddy." And yes, I've read all the stories. Anyway, I'm thinking the resulting BLANK page suggests "internal 500 errors" at said web hosting company. In which case an error log would need to be viewed. Thoughts?

Thanks for your support.

#6 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:33 AM

Yes, GoDaddy is often a big culprit, it's the servers, they mostly use Windows which isn't really anything friendly. I'm not sure how detrimental it is, but when deep integrating, usually you want to set the forum up to use the same database as the blog. For your questions and advanced help with these issues you'll have to hold tight for developer help, make sure to bump this topic. Thanks, Bryan

#7 pkr3

pkr3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:06 AM

Andrew/Bryan,

Using ???error log report??? reported no issues. Also had web host company run error log report for this forum issue. Same conclusion: No ???internal 500 errors."

I decided to force the forum page to load by entering "http://website.com/forum/index.php??? in the browser. Bingo, that forced a visible error and here it is:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare pagelines_localize() (previously declared in /home/content/08/123456/html/website/wp-content/themes/iblogpro4_dev/core/globals.php:53) in /home/content/08/123456/html/website/wp-content/themes/iblogpro4_dev/core/globals.php on line 61

I??™m thinking this means our directory and ???require_once??? code are correct. Also, I am seeing Pagelines "theme" in the error. Thoughts?

Thank you, sir!

ps - Here's my question from an earlier Post...and it may be part of the error.

What is meant by "Uncompress the Forum file" in Pagelines' instructions? Are you referring to bbPress or is there an actual "Forum" folder that is supposed to be uncompressed in the iBlog Developer download; which there is none.

Pagelines Forum Instructions
"Uploading and Activating your bbPress Theme for the First Time:"

"Uncompress the Forum file to access the theme and the plugins.
Find the theme folder located in the ???ForumTheme??™ directory (i.e. ???StationProForum??™). Upload the folder to the ???bb-templates??™ directory in your bbPress install via FTP.
Find the plugin folders located in the ???ForumPlugins??™ directory (i.e. ???bbcode-buttons??™, ???bbpress-polls??™, etc)."

See folder and directory content:

#8 pkr3

pkr3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:08 AM

Bump.

#9 pkr3

pkr3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:35 AM

Latest Test: For all examples below, ???require_once??? represents the command line: ???require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/../wp-load.php');??? At no time are errors displaying, nor are the error logs showing ???internal 500 error.??? Test 1: Embedding ???require_once??? command line into ???bb-config.php??? causes blank page at forum (

) and no themes will load; including bbPress themes. Test 2: With ???require_once??? command line still in ???bb-config.php,??? entering

in browser FORCES any bbPress theme (no 3rd party themes) to load, BUT clicking on bbPress ???admin??? from within the bbPress forum (

) displays another blank page at (

). Test 3: Removing ???require_once??? command line from ???bb-config.php??? file allows bbPress forum homepage to load (

) AND allows the bbPress admin page to load (

).

#10 pkr3

pkr3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:06 AM

Narrowing down the issue...I won't know if "deep integration" is working until the issue below is resolved. I believe Problem #1 & #2 are related.

Please see screen captures for Prolems #1 & #2:

(My comments below are in parentheses)

Problem #1
(Pagelines' Forum Instructions as they appear on website)

Uploading and Activating your bbPress Theme for the First Time:

"Uncompress the Forum file to access the theme and the plugins."

(No such uncompressed ???Forum??? file exists after downloading and uncompressing iBlog Developer .zip file. Where is this mysterious "uncompressed Forum file" located?)

"Find the theme folder located in the ???ForumTheme??™ directory, i.e. ???StationProForum??™. Upload the folder to the ???bb-templates??™ directory in your bbPress install via FTP."

(Again, no uncompressed ???Forum??? file existed so there is no file/folder to upload.)

"Find the plugin folders located in the ???ForumPlugins??™ directory. Upload all of the folders to the ???bb-templates??™ directory in your bbPress install via FTP."

(I??™m assuming I??™ve done this correctly since all of my WP plugins are showing in the admin panel of bbPress; see screen capture.)

Problem #2

Getting errors inside bbPress admin panel when selecting iBlog Developer Theme:

"Warning: include(TEMPLATEPATH/core/init_core.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/08/123/html/website/forum/bb-templates/iblogpro4_dev/functions.php on line 14

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'TEMPLATEPATH/core/init_core.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/08/123/html/website/forum/bb-templates/iblogpro4_dev/functions.php on line 14

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/08/123/html/website/forum/bb-templates/iblogpro4_dev/functions.php:14) in /home/content/08/123/html/website/forum/bb-includes/functions.bb-meta.php on line 708

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/08/123/html/website/forum/bb-templates/iblogpro4_dev/functions.php:14) in /home/content/08/123/html/website/forum/bb-includes/functions.bb-meta.php on line 709"

#11 pkr3

pkr3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:08 AM

Narrowing down the issue...I won't know if "deep integration" is working until the issue below is resolved. I believe Problem #1 & #2 are related.

Problem #1

(No such uncompressed ???Forum??? file exists after downloading and uncompressing iBlog Developer .zip file. Where is this mysterious "uncompressed Forum file" located?)

"Find the theme folder located in the ???ForumTheme??™ directory, i.e. ???StationProForum??™. Upload the folder to the ???bb-templates??™ directory in your bbPress install via FTP."

(Again, no uncompressed ???Forum??? file existed so there is no file/folder to upload.)

"Find the plugin folders located in the ???ForumPlugins??™ directory. Upload all of the folders to the ???bb-templates??™ directory in your bbPress install via FTP."

(I??™m assuming I??™ve done this correctly since all of my WP plugins are showing in the admin panel of bbPress; see screen capture.)

Problem #2

"Warning: include(TEMPLATEPATH/core/init_core.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/08/123/html/website/forum/bb-templates/iblogpro4_dev/functions.php on line 14

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'TEMPLATEPATH/core/init_core.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/08/123/html/website/forum/bb-templates/iblogpro4_dev/functions.php on line 14

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/08/123/html/website/forum/bb-templates/iblogpro4_dev/functions.php:14) in /home/content/08/123/html/website/forum/bb-includes/functions.bb-meta.php on line 708

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/08/123/html/website/forum/bb-templates/iblogpro4_dev/functions.php:14) in /home/content/08/123/html/website/forum/bb-includes/functions.bb-meta.php on line 709"

#12 pkr3

pkr3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:16 AM

Problem #1

Problem #2

#13 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:48 PM

Paul, I don't want to jump in and ask all the same questions, so I have notified Andrew of your response (I love how detailed you are with all this it really helps all parties involved to figure it out) ..But I was curious... Test 3 - is it fully functional and working now?

#14 pkr3

pkr3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:28 PM

Adam,

Thanks for checking in. Please pass this info on to all involved.

Guess none of the above was possible without the iForumPlugins folder which was ???accidentally??? never added to my account, as admitted by Pagelines. Aarrgh! Moving on...

Screen captures for the remaining 2 related issues:

Keep in mind, when using the standard bbPress forum templates, none of the issues occur and deep integration has been performed and I no longer have separate databases for bbPress and WordPress to combat possible errors.

#1. Should the Pagelines ???ForumPlugins??? folders remain in the ???iForumPlugins??? folder inside the ???bb-plugins,??? or should the iForum plugin folders float freely inside the ???bb-plugins??? folder? See screen captures (link above).

#2. With Pagelines theme loaded, if I go to

I am greeted with a blank page. No errors and no ???internal 500 errors??? on error log. Before installation, I used to see the bbPress forum theme. However, if I force load using,

then I am greeted with the proper iForum theme and the forum ???appears??? to work. However, If I click on ???LogIn??? I am sent to another blank page. Help. See screen captures (link above).

#3. At the forced

I see 2 dots beside the Categories, is that normal? Wanting to make sure there are no theme errors. See screen captures (link above).

Thank you.

#15 pkr3

pkr3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:29 PM

Adam,

Guess none of the above was possible without the iForumPlugins folder which was ???accidentally??? never added to my account, as admitted by Pagelines. Aarrgh! Moving on...

Keep in mind, when using the standard bbPress forum templates, none of the issues occur and deep integration has been performed and I no longer have separate databases for bbPress and WordPress to combat possible errors.

#1. Should the Pagelines ???ForumPlugins??? folders remain in the ???iForumPlugins??? folder inside the ???bb-plugins,??? or should the iForum plugin folders float freely inside the ???bb-plugins??? folder? See screen captures (link above).

I am greeted with a blank page. No errors and no ???internal 500 errors??? on error log. Before installation, I used to see the bbPress forum theme. However, if I force load using,

then I am greeted with the proper iForum theme and the forum ???appears??? to work. However, If I click on ???LogIn??? I am sent to another blank page. Help. See screen captures (link above).

#3. At the forced

I see 2 dots beside the Categories, is that normal? Wanting to make sure there are no theme errors. See screen captures (link above).

Thank you.

#16 pkr3

pkr3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:43 PM

Adam,

#3. At the forced

Thank you.

#17 pkr3

pkr3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:36 PM

This from bbPress forum:

Paul,

You're not doing [u]anything
wrong with the integration that is causing this. The problem is that a function has a the same name in your bbPress theme and your WordPress theme. That is the problem.

Most functions in bbPress are prefixed bb_ for a reason - that way they won't step on WordPress functions when you integrate. You need to rename the function in bbPress or declare it conditionally or just remove it if you're not using it.

My guess is that both themes are trying to load this localization function, and WordPress fails because it's already been declared by bbPress. So, you need to remove one of the functions (the one in bbPress probably, since it will be handle properly by WordPress.)

There might be a problem with other pagelines functions as well, in the bbPress theme, if they use the same name

Since these are paid themes, both from the same company, you might want to try their support since it seems they should have run across this problem before.

[AFTER looking over your files] The problem here is that the WordPress theme is from Pagelines and the bbPress theme is too. It looks like both themes have a function called pagelines_localize() and when deep integrating, you get an error since the function name is already in use. The function name should be changed in bbPress probably, or removed (since you probably don't need it in both places, when you are integrated.) Also, since these are paid themes from the same company, it seems like they should have already heard about this problem, but if not, should be willing to help resolve it.

This also from bbPress forum:

Paul,

You didn't do anything wrong.

Looking through these files though, I can't see a function called pagelines_localize in bbPress

So, looks like it's declared once, but when you deep integrate it's trying to be declared again.

There was a long standing problem with deep integration and localization, and I wonder if it's the same thing here?

#18 pkr3

pkr3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:44 PM

#19 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:48 AM

Okay, yeah... better hold tight for a developers help on this very specific issue. Go ahead and bump again. Thanks, Bryan

#20 pkr3

pkr3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:03 PM

Bump!