1 reply to this topic

#1 outtareach

outtareach

• Members

• 221 posts
  • LocationNY
  • Framework Version:Version 3.4.2

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:16 PM

Ive been trying unsuccessfully to move the search box to the right of the image in the header for a few days now. I've went into live support but they only point me to css tutorials. I realize that you guys cant help with everything but paying $20 per month should at least get us pointed in the right direction to learn ourselves. With this issue Ive tried floating things and changing widths but the search box stays under whatevers above it. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:17 PM

The standard tools used are: Firebug www.getfirebug.com

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

- a great guide to CSS elements

- verifying that your CSS was done correctly

- makes sure your HTML code is correct. Okay, so, there's several ways of handling what you're trying to achieve. 1. As you did it, adding the search to the universal sidebar (per my guidance in live) based on your request. 2. Use a hook; putting a search box (customized) into a location you want it to be. You can try a search plugin, Google Custom Search or other code, entered into a hook. Moving the search box as we did, per your request, we must add a z-index to make the search field functional and the empty, universal sidebar must be reduced to nothing. No padding, margins, etc.