Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resolved Large white space below feature area to footer

Question

Posted · Report post

I seem to have a huge gap below my home page features down to the footer. I have removed the content area etc and tried various bits of CSS but am fairly new to all that and can't seem to shift it. Its fine on all other pages so I'm guessing its something to do with the 'empty' contact area. Anyone got any ideas?! Thanks!

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Thanks, I just had the same question. Can't remember how it did it on the old Platform Pro.

Custom CSS worked perfectly!

Posted · Report post

The topic was marked as resolved.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for these answers guys - apologies for late response - other duties got in the way! Will try some of these out and get back to you.

Matthew

Posted · Report post

OK, let us know it resolves your issue or not.

Posted · Report post

You'll need to add this CSS:

body.home div#dynamic-content div.outline {display: none;}

Posted · Report post

The whitespace is due to a minimum height css rule for the dynamic content area. The simplest solution would probably be to move the features section to the content area instead of outside of (above) it for that page template. If you wanted to use a css solution, @catrina's would work to hide the area, but if you wanted to have some small amount of content there at some point, you would want to remove this minimum height with this css:

#dynamic-content {
	min-height: 0;
	}

This css would effect your whole site. If you wanted to only do this for the homepage only like in catrina's example, you would just prefix that selector with .home like so: (but any page could be targeted using different body classes)
	.home #dynamic-content {
	min-height: 0;
	}

Posted · Report post

Hi, You can try Catrina or BXB's suggestion above and if for some reason they do not work, try adding the following code to your custom CSS.

.home #dynamic-content { display: none; }

You could also simply use another template that is not used by any other page and remove the content section from the Page template and only have the feature slider active.