Photo
- - - - -

Best method for putting information in header

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 highreach

highreach

Advanced Member

• Members

• 79 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:22 AM

Below you will find a screen shot of my site with a dark blue box in the header where I would like to put some images, shipping info and contact information. My initial plan was to make a second feature and stack it above the existing one, however it seems that is not possible, even if I clone it. I have also tried using a masthead, a call out, a highlight, soap boxes and a content box with "bootstrap". So far I have not found anything that I am able to manipulate to do what I want. My ideal tool will let me design something in photoshop, then upload the image, just like I can do with features, though, this is not a requirement. The closest I have come is using a content box+bootstrap, however I couldn't figure out how to insert images and get them where I need them or format the text properly. I also need this container to be responsive. I could use some input / recommendations from any and all people with an idea on how to move forward on this.

As always, thanks.
Posted Image

#2 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2203 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:46 PM

Hi
You can add an action for add meta setting below.
Some comment give the action: pagelines_inside_top_branding
You can find at

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

You can see this links to begin:

This is an example

Then you can edit the position with CSS rules, like

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:51 PM

Hi,
You may use the Branding section in the header (Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop > Header) with the menu above it (as pictured).

You can add a hook to the PageLines Customize plugin's functions.php. Here's an example:

Then, in Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code > CSS Rules, add this:

If you're adding both an image and text, that could be difficult. However, if you want contact information there, then use text, so that search engines may find your site.