Photo
- - - - -

How do I embed a tweet in Framework 2.2.5?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 tfhowley

tfhowley

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:28 PM

Wordpress 4.3.1 says "You can now embed individual tweets in posts. It includes action links that allow readers to reply to, retweet, and favorite the tweet without leaving your site. Just paste a tweet URL on its own line." I cant seem to get this to work in Framework version 2.2.5. I've tried using the URL and/or the embed link from twitter, and nothing seems to work.

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:05 PM

Where are you trying to get this to work? According to documentation, this works only in posts and pages.

#3 tfhowley

tfhowley

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:23 PM

I'm trying to get it to work on posts to show up on the main blog page.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:24 PM

What is the URL you're using?

#5 tfhowley

tfhowley

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:32 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:35 PM

Sorry, I meant what is the URL you are trying to embed?

#7 tmeister

tmeister

• Members

• 209 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

@tfhowley Just make sure that the URL is not hyperlinked and on its own line, in others words use the HTML tab instead of the Visual when you paste the URL. Regards!!

#8 tfhowley

tfhowley

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:39 PM

don't be sorry ... Thank You for your help! Tom

#9 tfhowley

tfhowley

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

I tried using the HTML tab to paste it and it still didn't work ... Have to go to work now and wont be able to respond till late tonight. Thanks.

#10 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:23 PM

tfhowley, when you can, try activating another theme (TwentyEleven or TwentyTen) and try embedding that Twitter URL in a post to see if it works. That way, we know if it's WP-related or PageLines-related.

#11 tfhowley

tfhowley

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:07 AM

I appears to be Pagelines-related. I activated TwentyEleven and pasted the URL using the HTML tab (thanks Tmeister) and it a worked. When I reactivated PageLines Framework, the tweets maintained their formatting but embedding a new tweet URL didn't work.

#12 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16923 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:33 AM

HI, There is no issue here, I have embedded several tweets to a post/page. All you need to do is click on the HTML tab of your content editor and add the tweets URL. Once you have added the URL, simply hit return/enter on your keyboard to add a line break and then save your post/page.

#13 tfhowley

tfhowley

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:14 PM

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but it still does not work on my site. I clicked on the HTML tab on the Ad New Post page and added the tweet's URL. I hit return/enter on your keyboard to add a line break. Next I saved the draft and then clicked publish. I doesn't for format correctly on the post or blog page.

#14 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:42 PM

Can you try deactivating your active plugins to see if the tweet shows up?

#15 tfhowley

tfhowley

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:44 PM

I tried but still no luck. Next I restored all defaults and tried again...on the post pages it is formatted correctly but not on the blog page? I guess I'm getting closer.

#16 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16923 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:11 AM

Hi, I have created a short clip for you to show you how I embedded the tweet!

#17 tfhowley

tfhowley

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:06 PM

Danny, Thanks for the video! However it still doesn't work on my site. I followed the directions and it doesn't work on the posts or pages. If you can look at my site maybe you can see what I'm doing wrong. www.howleypost.com

#18 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:11 PM

I inspected your site. Are you adding your code to the post excerpt area or the post editor area? Also, can you please try disable excerpts and enabling full post content on the blog/posts page?

#19 tfhowley

tfhowley

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

Thank you Catrina! It's working now. I have been using the post editor not the post excerpt area. I disabled excerpts and enabled full post content on the blog/posts page and it now formats the tweets correctly. After playing around with it a bit, I think it's the excerpts that are causing the problem.