Photo

Use HTML in Morefoot titles

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 tbadorrek

tbadorrek

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:58 PM

I am trying to find a way to allow HTML to be used within the title of Morefoot widgets. Currently, if you try to use HTML, such as create a link, it strips it from the title. I've looked at section.morefoot.php, but there doesn't seem to be anything there to fix. Any thoughts? Thanks!

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:05 PM

What are you wanting to do exactly? Some HTML can be used in titles but I'm not sure of the limits. Pasting your code will help. ;)

#3 tbadorrek

tbadorrek

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:06 PM

I'm trying to make the title linkable in Morefoot. So just typing in Title

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

Widget titles aren't linkable, but there are workarounds for that involving code. This is a solution I found: http://peplamb.com/l...and-php-widget/

#5 tbadorrek

tbadorrek

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:09 PM

Well I've created custom widgets in the past to get around this problem. Normally you just have to remove the strip_tags() function which is usually wrapped around the title. In this case I need to use Morefoot, I can't use a different type of widget, so I'm looking for some PHP help as to how to force Morefoot to accept HTML in the title.

Thanks.

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:26 PM

Okay. I'm not too familiar with the PHP but I hope you find something! Let us know how it goes.