Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another function.php question

Question

Posted · Report post

Hey Guys, function.php has been kicking my butt recently. Over the last few days I have gotten very good at breaking my site with functions.php, then going back and restoring the functions.php file to its original state. I have read a bunch on how to implement new code into functions php and have tried it in several places. Here is the latest (failed) attempt. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Thanks a bunch

10 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Man, one little squiggly line is the different between taking my site offline and getting the code to work. @simple_mama , you are a genius. Thank you so much. @pross , I am editing the functions file found in wp-content/themew/paglines-template-theme. Is this bad?

Posted · Report post

Editing the Child theme like you mentioned above is the correct way to add custom code such as hooks to your site.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the confirmation Danny!

Posted · Report post

Glad to help @highreach :)

Posted · Report post

Hi, Can you tell me what you want to add to your child themes function.php file please.

Posted · Report post

The best course of action would be to contact JigoShop support regarding this.

Posted · Report post

Thanks Danny, I'll be sure to do that and report back if I find anything. If anyone else knows what the issue is with my code ( http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=VDpSzXir ) Your joining the conversation would be much appreciated :)

Posted · Report post

PLEASE dont edit the main framework functions file, either use a chile theme or the customization plugin.

Posted · Report post

Looking at the paste, you're missing the closing } in your function. Not sure other than that. PS. Simon means "child theme" ;)