Photo
- - - - -

Upgrade to pagelines framework 2.2.5

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 meeshking

meeshking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:05 AM

I have been working on this site )www.altushealth.com) for a long time and we're almost ready to go live (the site is currently in maintenance mode). I have been ignoring the message to upgrade from pagelines framework from Version 2.1.6 to 2.2.5 because frankly, I'm afraid that there will be issues and lots of formatting clean up. Can you let me know what I may encounter in the upgrade, and let me know if it's even necessary. I'm using Wordpress 3.4.1.

#2 _jan_

_jan_

• Members

• 23 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:17 AM

I just updated from Version 2.1.6 to 2.2.5 this morning and had no problems. Here's what I did: - tested the upgrade on a test installation. from 2.1.6 to 2.2.1 the widgets stayed in the sidebars, but moved from one sidebar to another and had to be reordered. Don't know if the issue has been solved with 2.2.5. - On the production site: note down all the widgets used in the sidebars; - move all used widgets from the sidebar to the inactive widgets area (so that you keep their configuration) - backub database - backup all the files, or at least the pagelines files (theme and plugins) - upgrade pagelines - put all the saved widgets back in the sidebars - go to Pagelines configuration and disable the footer watermark since I don't use it That's it. edit: wp 3.4.1

#3 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17939 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:05 AM

@_jan_ - Thank you for your input, we appreciate it. @meeshking Before you perform any update either Wordpress or theme/framework. We always recommend you backup your entire website. Also like Jan suggested above, having a local installation mimicking your live website and perform the update their first.

#4 meeshking

meeshking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:26 PM

Sorry, but I'm not sure how to set up a "local installation"... any help here would be much appreciated!

#5 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:02 PM

A local installation is easy. Are you using a Mac or a PC?

#6 meeshking

meeshking

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

I'm on a mac... (OSX 10.6.8). Thanks in advance!

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

On a Mac, you need something called MAMP.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

One thing Jan said I'd add to. You do not have to move widgets to inactive. I recommend sliding them up and down from one sidebar to another, where they belong.