Photo

Post Page Problems

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 pixelkoi

pixelkoi

• Members

• 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:11 PM

Hi, I have a few problems with my blog page. Some seem like error and some I just cant figure out. here is the link to the page: http://www.drkleinhealthline.com/blog/ 1. The banner doesnt show up 2. The sidebar doesnt show widgets (categories etc) 3. How can I add thumbnails to posts? Thank You !

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:23 PM

Can you please answer the following questions? 1. Banner -Is the PageLines Banners enabled in any of the template areas in PlatformPro > Template Setup? -Is the PageLines Banners section set to hide in PageLines Section Control on the page editor for any of the pages? 2. Sidebar -Is the Sidebar enabled in any of the Sidebar templates areas in PlatformPro > Template Setup? -Is there content in these text widgets? 3. Add thumbnails to posts by uploading a featured image to the post (on the right side of post editor). Enable post thumbnails by going to PlatformPro > Blog And Posts > Post Thumbnail Placement and checking the boxes for where you want to display the thumbnails.

#3 pixelkoi

pixelkoi

• Members

• 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

Thanks for a quick response, the replies are under questions bold italic

1. Banner
-Is the PageLines Banners enabled in any of the template areas in PlatformPro > Template Setup?
Yes, Site header, feature page, banner page

-Is the PageLines Banners section set to hide in PageLines Section Control on the page editor for any of the pages?
No

2. Sidebar
-Is the Sidebar enabled in any of the Sidebar templates areas in PlatformPro > Template Setup?
Highlight, feature,post page, post page content area - all were turned on as an experiment to see if it will work.

-Is there content in these text widgets?
There are widgets in the widget aresa and text widget has text

3. Add thumbnails to posts by uploading a featured image to the post (on the right side of post editor). Enable post thumbnails by going to PlatformPro > Blog And Posts > Post Thumbnail Placement and checking the boxes for where you want to display the thumbnails.
That works! Awesome ! Thank You ! I knew it was silly simple but I kept missing it.

#4 pixelkoi

pixelkoi

• Members

• 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:59 PM

reg. sidebar - I have universal sidebar enabled on the pages I listed

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15891 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:05 AM

Hi, As far as I know, the Banners section isn't available on the Posts Page (Blog Page). This is because it is considered a special page. The only way you can add the Banners section to your Blog Page is to add the Banners section to your header template. Regarding your Sidebar issue, can you loggin to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Platform Pro > Template Setup > Sidebar 1 and make sure you have the Primary Sidebar section active. If the above doesn't resolve your sidebar issue, can you provide screenshots of the following setting pages please. 1. A screenshot of your Widgets page please, which can be found by logging into your Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets. 2. A screenshot of Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Platform Pro > Template Setup > Sidebar 1 page please. Also, have you considered upgrading to PageLines Framework? It allows you to add Banners to any page you like, including the Posts Page (Blog Page). You can try our 30 day trial here - http://demo.pagelines.com/