Photo

Drop down menu disappearing....I know

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#21 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16923 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:16 AM

Hi Kellid, What you're asking is not really a theme/framework issue. If you're using a membership plugin such as S2Member there should be some functionality/setting that uses conditional logic to display/hide content/menu items from logged in users and guests.

#22 kellid

kellid

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:23 AM

Hi danny Problem is the drop down is still disappearing. I've tried everything and now I have all pages showing until I can resolve this. And it's driving me crazy. Would it be possible to hire you for personal help just to get the drop downs to show again? I'm at a serious loss and I don't know what to do. Thanks

#23 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16923 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:47 AM

Hi, Unfortunately, I am not available for hire. However, if you have added custom CSS then I recommend you remove all CSS associated to your menu. This is most likely the cause of the problem. Let me know if this resolves your issue.

#24 kellid

kellid

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:35 AM

That did not work. Ive tried it along with every other solution seen on the web.. I've even tried contacting Platform pros and no response. I can't believe no one can help me.

#25 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16923 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:15 AM

Have you enabled the drop down menu functionality, which is located in: Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Header and Footer > Nav Classic & BrandNav Section - Drop Down Handling and check the option "Enable Drop Down Navigation?"

#26 kellid

kellid

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:01 PM

Hi Danny, Yes, all enabled.

#27 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:38 PM

Hi Kelli. Since it sounds like you've changed your CSS since originally posting, can you paste a fresh copy for us at http://paste.pagelines.com/. Maybe something odd in there is throwing things off. Just provide us with the URL to your paste when you get a moment. :)

#28 kellid

kellid

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:39 PM

Hey mama!! I didn't know you had your own pastebin, cool. http://paste.pagelines.com/275 Thanks for helping!!

#29 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

The CSS I'm looking at is this for the navigation:

#primary-nav .menu-item-4207 {display:none; }
	#primary-nav .menu-item-4208 {display:none; }
	#primary-nav .menu-item-4209 {display:none; }

There is nothing wrong here, so I don't think it has to do with CSS after all. I'm also not seeing any CSS that adjusts the submenu.

#30 kellid

kellid

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:59 PM

I think there is a deeper issue. I'm thinking of upgrading with 2.2 framework, there is more functionality when it comes to pages and navs, am I correct? Do you think there could be a problem with my content and the upgrade?