Photo

Adding Javascript to page gets nothing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 mightyjak

mightyjak

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:12 PM

I??™ve tried adding javascript to my page in the following three ways: -Manually edited header.php file -Added to the text portion of my index page via the HTML tab -Entered via Custom Code > Header Scripts -Installed and tried HiFi plugin Each time I get nothing. Is it a problem with the source? I got it from a partner website for inclusion on my page. I??™m more of a cut-and-paste guy than under-stand-how-this-works guy. If I??™ve missed something obvious, please let me know. Here??™s what I??™ve been working with:

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:45 PM

That code looks broken. it's just writing "new a2z.Widget('dGbJ%2fQfPqUA4s%2fDNrIc%2fzt5xiq%2fL4ZoFjVXmdUEcJutOcD9ggxZSCZyU8MZ6cQu6',4862,'http://libs.a2zinc.net/Common/Widgets/ExhibitorBadge.aspx',6,112357,330,200).render();" as plain text. Where did you get the code? Can you provide a link to the source? On a side note, it's advisable to never attempt to edit core files such as header.php.

#3 mightyjak

mightyjak

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:40 PM

I learned the hard way about editing header.php. Never again! Unfortunately the source code is behind an exhibitor dashboard for an upcoming tradeshow. I can try to post a screen shot if that would help.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:55 PM

Yes. It might. If you look at the code though, you'll see that it's just presenting all that code as if it was the link text in a URL...

#5 mightyjak

mightyjak

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:59 PM

I went back to the widget vendor, who provided a the following iFrame: