Photo

Modify Custom Post Type, PL 1.5.3

Best Answer Rob , 30 August 2012 - 11:48 PM

Apologies. You can turn off comments via Dashboard > Settings > Discussion and remove it from the template from Dashboard > PlatformPro > Template Setup > Single Post Content Area ( in the drop down list). Remove Comment Form. You can go to Dashboard > PlatformPro > Layout Editor and select the layout (with or without the sidebars). With a custom post type, I think you'd need to have a unique ID (class or div) for the posts and use CSS to hide the sidebar. Go to the full post

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 rtysmith

rtysmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:42 PM

see: http://samedaydumpst...r-rentals/test/ This is a custom post type; I want to remove the side bar and go to full width, remove the comment area; how do I do this?

#2 rtysmith

rtysmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:53 PM

I know I'm able to knock a few of these things out at the post level, but I need it across every post, would like to have it via single-dumpster-rentals.php, but don't know the code to set up there...

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:32 PM

Have you used the more global settings in Dashboard > PageLines > Page Options for the template used?

#4 rtysmith

rtysmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:38 PM

this is pagelines 1.5 / platform pro

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:48 PM   Best Answer

Apologies. You can turn off comments via Dashboard > Settings > Discussion and remove it from the template from Dashboard > PlatformPro > Template Setup > Single Post Content Area ( in the drop down list). Remove Comment Form. You can go to Dashboard > PlatformPro > Layout Editor and select the layout (with or without the sidebars). With a custom post type, I think you'd need to have a unique ID (class or div) for the posts and use CSS to hide the sidebar.