Photo

Modify Custom Post Type, PL 1.5.3

Best Answer Rob , 30 August 2012 - 11:48 PM

Apologies. You can turn off comments via Dashboard > Settings > Discussion and remove it from the template from Dashboard > PlatformPro > Template Setup > Single Post Content Area ( in the drop down list). Remove Comment Form. You can go to Dashboard > PlatformPro > Layout Editor and select the layout (with or without the sidebars). With a custom post type, I think you'd need to have a unique ID (class or div) for the posts and use CSS to hide the sidebar. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rtysmith

rtysmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:42 PM

see: http://samedaydumpst...r-rentals/test/ This is a custom post type; I want to remove the side bar and go to full width, remove the comment area; how do I do this?

#2 rtysmith

rtysmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:53 PM

I know I'm able to knock a few of these things out at the post level, but I need it across every post, would like to have it via single-dumpster-rentals.php, but don't know the code to set up there...

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:32 PM

Have you used the more global settings in Dashboard > PageLines > Page Options for the template used?

#4 rtysmith

rtysmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:38 PM

this is pagelines 1.5 / platform pro

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:48 PM   Best Answer

Apologies. You can turn off comments via Dashboard > Settings > Discussion and remove it from the template from Dashboard > PlatformPro > Template Setup > Single Post Content Area ( in the drop down list). Remove Comment Form. You can go to Dashboard > PlatformPro > Layout Editor and select the layout (with or without the sidebars). With a custom post type, I think you'd need to have a unique ID (class or div) for the posts and use CSS to hide the sidebar.