How add space in between Banners within a Banner Set

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mindfulbaby

mindfulbaby

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:40 PM

I've found a number of posts in the forum on how to modify the spacing between the Banner section and other sections (and also footer or header), but would I would like to do is create just a bit more space between the Banners within one Banner Set (so there is a page where I have 3 banners in one set, and I'm looking to add slightly more space between Banners 1 and 2, and 2 and 3). I'm looking to keep the text still centered to the left/right of the image, just as is. I'm guessing this is perhaps done through padding, but I'm not sure if I do padding for a full Banner, or just the image?

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:08 PM

Yes, you are right. you must work with padding and you do it for a full banner, not just the image, because the full banner consists of the text content, too.

#3 mindfulbaby

mindfulbaby

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:45 PM

I unfortunately don't know any programming (I am good and cutting and pasting and editing small things, though!). Would you happen to know the padding CSS required to modify? I have read the tutorials you have pointed to in another forum post, but couldn't figure out how to get it to apply (increase the space between) the different Banners within the Banner set. I think it might be called a container? So I need to change code kind of like this: .banner container-pad {bottom: 10px} Is that along the right lines?

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:17 AM

You're on the right track. But where on your site are the banners? I could look for you.

#5 mindfulbaby

mindfulbaby

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:29 PM

rangelone- Banners are on

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Trying to figure out how to get a bit more (vertical) space between each banner in the set.

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

This CSS should add space between banners:

#7 mindfulbaby

mindfulbaby

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:58 PM

I've tried that out, but it doesn't seem to change the spacing (have tried larger px numbers also). I've added it at the bottom of my Custom Code section. Anything that I might be missing? Thanks again-

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

When you say vertical space, can you please specify exactly what you mean by that? I may have misunderstood.

#9 mindfulbaby

mindfulbaby

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:18 PM

Basically (if I understand correctly), a Banner set is made up of multiple Banners, and each Banner can have a text and image component. I have 3 banners that make up my set, and each Banner has text and an image to the right or left of the text. What I would like to do is add additional space in between each Banner (so add space in between Banner 1 and 2, and Banner 2 and 3] So the page looks like [nav up here] [banner1 text ..... banner 1 image] =want to add more space here= [banner2 image....banner 2 text] =want to add more space here= [banner3 text....banner3 image] [footer down here]

#10 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2027 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

Hi mindfulbaby
You can try add in
PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code > CSS Rules