Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it possible to somehow have rotating images in banners

Question

Posted · Report post

Hey everyone! you guys have solved every other problem I've had with website customisation and i think im getting the hang of hacking pagelines framework now. At the moment, i have a banner with some text left aligned and the image right aligned. I want the image to change from the first to the second and so on to display some of the other websites i have made and some mockups and various other bits of content. What i want to know really is how can i replace the image functionality in banners with some form of rotating series of images? i dont think there will be a way without somehow replacing the image functionality with custom html. no idea where to go with this though. can anyone help?

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I think it will be easier to get this rotating functionality with a plugin rather than trying to replace the default functionality in banners. I don't know of any off the top of my head, but you can find plugins here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ (best search term to use would be "rotating images" or "image rotation" or some variation of those terms)

Posted · Report post

how would i get the plugin to sit in the banner though?

Posted · Report post

You will not use the banner at all. You'd need to use a plugin in place of the banner.